MS Mail to MS Exchange 5.5 Migration

Post by Thomas Wagenhause » Fri, 28 May 1999 04:00:00

First time posting to this news group,  hoping that someone could help
me a little.
I currently run a Microsoft Mail server supporting 200+ users that I
need to migrate to Microsoft Exchange 5.5 sp2.  The problem is, that I
need to have both servers running st the same time so that the IT
department can take their time migrating everyone's settings to the
Exchange Server in Outlook.  I need the mail to be able to send to both
servers so that the recepients are able to grab their mail no matter
what server their on, and the user names are set up differently on MS
Mail than Exchange.  If anyone can help, please respond as soon as
possible.

Thanks in Advance.

MS Mail to MS Exchange 5.5 Migration

Post by Stuart Fo » Sat, 29 May 1999 04:00:00

Thomas

I would advise you to read the online documentation regarding the MS Mail
Connector and all the issues regarding that.  What you are wanting to do is
easily achievable using this.  You will need to establish a MS Mail
Connector, a MS Mail MTA on the Exchange box and get dir sync going.  It's
not too difficult.  There are also a number of articles in the MS Knowledge
base on doing this.  And some white papers on the Exchange web site
http://www.microsoft.com/exchange

If you have any specific questions regarding this. please post back to the
newsgroup

Stu

Quote:

> First time posting to this news group,  hoping that someone could help
> me a little.
> I currently run a Microsoft Mail server supporting 200+ users that I
> need to migrate to Microsoft Exchange 5.5 sp2.  The problem is, that I
> need to have both servers running st the same time so that the IT
> department can take their time migrating everyone's settings to the
> Exchange Server in Outlook.  I need the mail to be able to send to both
> servers so that the recepients are able to grab their mail no matter
> what server their on, and the user names are set up differently on MS
> Mail than Exchange.  If anyone can help, please respond as soon as
> possible.

> Thanks in Advance.

MS Mail to MS Exchange 5.5 Migration

Post by g51.. » Sat, 29 May 1999 04:00:00

If a mailbox in Exchange contains several SMTP addresses, is there a
way to export them all using the standard MS Directory Export program
(preferably in command line mode). Every time I run this thing I only
get the preferred Internet address not the other addresses.

Thanks in advance.

Erik

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

1. MS Mail to MS Exchange 5.5 Migration

First time posting to this news group,  hoping that someone could help
me a little.
I currently run a Microsoft Mail server supporting 200+ users that I
need to migrate to Microsoft Exchange 5.5 sp2.  The problem is, that I
need to have both servers running st the same time so that the IT
department can take their time migrating everyone's settings to the
Exchange Server in Outlook.  I need the mail to be able to send to both
servers so that the recepients are able to grab their mail no matter
what server their on, and the user names are set up differently on MS
Mail than Exchange.  If anyone can help, please respond as soon as
possible.

Thanks in Advance.

2. 451 error

3. trouble with active directory on installation

4. MS-Mail to Exchange 5.5 Migration - Calander Migration

5. Can one exchange server to handle different domains

6. Macintosh client migration (MS Mail PAL->MS Exchange PAB)

7. Password expired

8. MS Mail to MS Ex Migration