Prohibiting users from purging deleted items

Prohibiting users from purging deleted items

Post by Benjami » Thu, 16 May 2002 06:16:02

Can anyone point me to a Q article that describes how to
disable users from being able to purge items that are
deleted from their Deleted Items folder?

Also, can this be done in Exchange 5.5?

1. Recovering Deleted Items when purged from Deleted Item Recovery

Hello -

Thanks in advance.  If possible, please send a CC to my email address at

I have noticed that when a user is savy enough, they can go into Recover
Deleted Items and select the big red X to delete items from the list.  At
that point, mgmt can not get in to recover the deleted items if a user is
trying to hide abuse of the system.

Is there any way to turn off this feature or to recover the email?

Chris

2. Export from a public folder in Outlook

3. Can I prohibit users from deleting items?

4. Deleting the contents of a user's mailbox

5. Auto-purging users Deleted Items folder

6. NAT/Firewall Connection

7. Purging items from the Deleted Items folder

8. Help with removing instances of public folders to a "public folder server"

9. Can not purge deleted e-mail in my deleted items

10. Can not Purge deleted mail in outlook's deleted items

11. Prohibit deleting of items

12. Prohibit Deleting of Email Items

13. Purging deleted items