Error on Compose New Message

Post by Ken Stephen » Sun, 23 Feb 1997 04:00:00

I get the following error when I try to compose a new message.  This just
started last night; I've been composing mail via Exchange for months
before...

"The item could not be displayed.  A default set of folders could not be
found.  Your active profile must include such a set, such as a personal
folder file."

Any suggestions on how I can work around, or repair, this problem?

Error on Compose New Message

Post by John Homa » Sun, 23 Feb 1997 04:00:00

I don't have an answer, but have a similar problem.  I am using the MS
Mail postoffice and on one of the machines I set up I am getting the the
"Item could not be displayed.  The object could not be found.  MS
Windows Messaging System Forms registry - 13085 [80004010F]"

Anyone have any ideas on this one?

> I get the following error when I try to compose a new message.  This just
> started last night; I've been composing mail via Exchange for months
> before...

> "The item could not be displayed.  A default set of folders could not be
> found.  Your active profile must include such a set, such as a personal
> folder file."

> Any suggestions on how I can work around, or repair, this problem?

Error on Compose New Message

Post by Ken Stephe » Sun, 23 Feb 1997 04:00:00

On Sat, 22 Feb 1997 07:28:03 -0800, "Ken Stephens"

>I get the following error when I try to compose a new message.  This just
>started last night; I've been composing mail via Exchange for months
>before...

>"The item could not be displayed.  A default set of folders could not be
>found.  Your active profile must include such a set, such as a personal
>folder file."

>Any suggestions on how I can work around, or repair, this problem?

I've got the problem fixed.  Apparently my Personal folders were fried
when I uninstalled something yesterday.  Anyway, by selecting
Tools/Services and re-creating my pst file I'm back in business.

Error on Compose New Message

Post by Identity Withhel » Sun, 23 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Same fix. Delete the contents of \windows\forms. Run mlset32.exe

> I don't have an answer, but have a similar problem.  I am using the MS
> Mail postoffice and on one of the machines I set up I am getting the the
> "Item could not be displayed.  The object could not be found.  MS
> Windows Messaging System Forms registry - 13085 [80004010F]"

> Anyone have any ideas on this one?

> > I get the following error when I try to compose a new message.  This
just
> > started last night; I've been composing mail via Exchange for months
> > before...

> > "The item could not be displayed.  A default set of folders could not
be
> > found.  Your active profile must include such a set, such as a personal
> > folder file."

> > Any suggestions on how I can work around, or repair, this problem?

1. Default message form used when composing new message

I've got a question about the default message form which Exchange (v4.0 -
sp2, Win95)
uses when composing a new message:

If you are not using Word as your editor, do you have an option such as
Word gives you to change to a different default message (Word allows
different templates)? I have worked with EFD forms and extended them in
VB4.016bit, but find it to be painfully slow for at least the first load.
Besides being slow, I would rather not require the user to go to the main
menu and do a "Compose New Form" every time I wanted them to use this new
"Default" form.

Am I missing something very simple here???

Thanks in advance...

2. Trouble recieving/sending from foriegn countries

3. OWA Exchange 5.5 SP2 - Logon screen reappears after clicking detail message/composing new message

4. How to disable login in network but allow OWA access

5. General error when launching Compose New Fax

6. RUS/Exchange2K and Custom Recipient problem - long

7. Active Directory Connector and Move Mailbox method for Exchange 5.5 to 2000

8. please help: can't compose new message in MS exchange

9. Unable to customize Toolbar in Compose (New Message)

10. Can't compose new mail

11. OWA requires redundant login to COMPOSE new msg?!!

12. Bypass Compose New Fax Wizard