Outbound port blocking and Exchange???

Post by Jsn.. » Fri, 20 Jul 2001 03:54:26

I have blocked most outbound ports on my firewall except for the ones
we use and as a result I cannot recieve email.  I am running a Winnt
network with Exchange 5.5 and a Watchguard SOHO firewall.  After
blocking outbound ports I view the SOHO event log to see successfull
inbound port 25 traffic but immediately follow an accepted port 25
packet I see a rejected outbound packet from my exchange server.  The
outbound port in question seems to be random based on the source IP.

Can anyone there help me find a registry hack for exchange to specify
these outbound port ACK's?

1. Outbound port blocking and Exchange 5.5

I have blocked most outbound ports on my firewall except for the ones
we use and as a result I cannot recieve email.  I am running a Winnt
network with Exchange 5.5 and a Watchguard SOHO firewall.  After
blocking outbound ports I view the SOHO event log to see successfull
inbound port 25 traffic but immediately follow an accepted port 25
packet I see a rejected outbound packet from my exchange server.  The
outbound port in question seems to be random based on the source IP.

Can anyone there help me find a registry hack for exchange to specify
these outbound port ACK's?

2. MSExchangeDSAccess

3. Blocked Outbound Ports Kills Inbound Mail

4. Backup up Exchange Enterprise 5.5 Clustered

5. Blocked Outbound Ports Stops Inbound Mail

6. Outlook 2002 and Public Folders

7. Setting Outbound newsfeed port in Exchange 5.5

8. acl

9. Exchange Port Blocking

10. Exchange 5.5 use of port 139 - need to block

11. Exchange and Port Blocking

12. AOL 8.0 Plus blocking Exchange port?

13. Sending mail outbound to specific domain using specific port