Exchange Server License Issue

Post by Wayne » Thu, 22 Oct 1998 04:00:00

To all who may help:

I am running Exchange Sever 5.5 and would like to know if there is a
relationship between the about of recipients and licenses.

I have 93 recipients listed and licenses for 75 users.

Thanking you in advance
Wayne B

Exchange Server License Issue

Post by Ron Spadafora - MC » Fri, 23 Oct 1998 04:00:00

You need to have a CAL for each machine that accesses the exchange
server.  If you only have 75 pc's in your company but have 93
mailboxes you are legal.  But, on the other hand, if you have more
than 75 machines you will need to purchase more CALs.

>To all who may help:

>I am running Exchange Sever 5.5 and would like to know if there is a
>relationship between the about of recipients and licenses.

>I have 93 recipients listed and licenses for 75 users.

>Thanking you in advance
>Wayne B

Ronald J. Spadafora, Jr. - MCSE