Public Contacts Folder Views Acting STRANGELY!

Public Contacts Folder Views Acting STRANGELY!

Post by Mike Bierc » Sat, 19 Dec 1998 04:00:00

All of a sudden,  various Outlook 98 users have experienced strange screen
behavior on a Contacts folder in the Public Folders area.

The symptoms are screens apparently not refreshing properly, the "Find"
feature seemingly vanishing when activated with occasional buttons and
fields appearing from its interface.

Is it possible that some of the views have been corrupted? Anyway of
salvaging such a thing.

The clients are running on different types of machines, GW2K and HP Vectras.
And a couple of custom defined views were added to provide filtered access.

Thanks in advance.

1. Outlook/Exchange: view other Mailbox folders in activities view for public folder contacts

Can you view other users' folders (provided they've given you
permission) in the activities view (tab) of a public contact record?

For example, I would like to view other users' "Sent Items" folders
from the activities view of a public contact.  I have successfully
added my own Mailbox folders and other public folders to my activities
views.

Thanks for any advice or solutions you may have.

Mark

2. Relay problem

3. OWA Authentication acting strangely.

4. Threaded discussions?

5. OL2002 acting strangely

6. *PLEASE HELP*

7. OWA Authentication acting strangely.

8. Exchange transition from NT to 2000

9. cannot view contacts after copying private contact list to public folder

10. Custom View on Public Contacts folder cause Outlook to crash

11. Default view for public contact folder

12. OWA: View problems with Public Contacts Folders

13. viewing ADS contacts in Exchange 2000 public folders