Error 0x80040115 during outbound news push

Error 0x80040115 during outbound news push

Post by Eric Steensel » Fri, 13 Mar 1998 04:00:00

My Exchange server worked flawlessly until a few weeks ago no outbound news
can be delivered anymore.

I have 2 pull newsfeeds, which should push outbound also. When a connection
is made for the pulls, normally a push connection is made simultaniously,
but I get the following error :

An error occurred during outbound trying to logon to the remote host.
Error = 0x80040115

Both newsfeeds are configured as "Newsgroups are pulled inbound and posted
outbound" in the General tab of the newsfeed connectors.
No username or password is filled in for outbound connections. Normally
these are not needed (eg. msnews.microsoft.com).

I have no idee what's causing this.

Eric S*sels

BTW, this post is done by Outlook Express, directly to my ISP's news server.
Otherwise you wouldn't be able to read it...

--
Remove the X from my return address.
I added it to prevent junk mail.

[...]

1. NNTP outbound error 0x80040115

Hello,

I have installed some newsfeed on my MSE 5 server. All of them are pull
inbound and push outbound. While the inbound part works great the outbound
part troubles me. All outbound messages fail and I get the following error
in the Application Log (Event Viewer):

Event: 13069
Source: MSExchange NNTP
An error occurred during outbound trying to logon to the remote host.
Error = 0x80040115.

I am using the usual newsserver adresses (like msnews.microsoft.com). Do I
have to have some special agreement with the news provider or should this
work no matter what?

Jan-Peter

2. Is it possible to delete accounts in a batch-job?

3. Newsgroups

4. NAV for Exchange

5. Internet News Service - Outbound error

6. OWA - asks for password repeatedly

7. Exchange can't push some recipients to UNIX news server

8. Error [0x80040115]

9. An unexpected error [0x80040115] occurred in maintenance thread.

10. An unexpected error [0x80040115] occured in maintenance thread.

11. error 0x80040115 in Exchange 5.5 sp2( NT 4.0 with service pack 3)