Turn off network password prompt...

Post by Brend » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 09:02:06

I just bought a new motherboard that has built in
LAN...now whenever I turn on my computer I get prompted
for a network password.  I'm no networking anything...how
do I disable this network prompt???

Thank you,
Brenda

Turn off network password prompt...

Post by Lanwench [MVP - Exchange » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 13:09:01

This is an Exchange server NG - try one for your OS.

> I just bought a new motherboard that has built in
> LAN...now whenever I turn on my computer I get prompted
> for a network password.  I'm no networking anything...how
> do I disable this network prompt???

> Thank you,
> Brenda

1. Turning off password expiration

We have a Novell network.  We upgraded to Outlook, and
installed Exchange Server 2000 and Windows 2000 on a
separate mail server.  At regular intervals, the end users
are receiving Microsoft Networking messages that their
password is expiring and to change it.  This causes
confusion because the end users don't understand that
changing this password does not change the Novell
password, so they have trouble logging onto their
computers.  How can we turn off the requirement to change
the Microsoft Networking password?  Thank you!

2. smtp

3. OWA prompts for password logging off

4. How to forward e-mail to another mailbox

5. Users are sometime prompted for user/domain/password while connected to the network

6. POP3 issues

7. Prompt for different profile login password without re-login from network

8. MS Mail Integration in Exchange 5.5

9. OWA does not prompt for password change when password expires

10. Out of Office Assistant Not Turning Off

11. Digital Dashboard, turning off automatic message preview

12. Delay when turning off alternate recipient

13. Out of office assistant doesnt turn off