Exchange 5.5 sp3, on w2k server, How to turn off Relay?

Exchange 5.5 sp3, on w2k server, How to turn off Relay?

Post by mac » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 05:36:34

Somehow our server is being used to relay some incoming emails.

How can I stop my server to relay by itself?

Some of our customer called us this morning telling us that they are getting
all kind of weird email from our server.

Any suggestion?

Thanks

Exchange 5.5 sp3, on w2k server, How to turn off Relay?

Post by MVP » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 07:23:40

http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Preventing_Third_Party_Relaying_I...
change_Server_55.html

--
John Oliver, Jr.
MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP

Quote:> Somehow our server is being used to relay some incoming emails.

> How can I stop my server to relay by itself?

> Some of our customer called us this morning telling us that they are
getting
> all kind of weird email from our server.

> Any suggestion?

> Thanks

1. Exchange 5.5 sp3, on w2k server, How to turn off Relay?

Somehow our server is being used to relay some incoming emails.

How can I stop my server to relay by itself?

Some of our customer called us this morning telling us that they are getting
all kind of weird email from our server.

Any suggestion?

Thanks

2. ms3-18 iis patch

3. Internet email

4. How to turn off SMTP RELAY on Exchange Server v5.x

5. Limited amout of simultaneous connections

6. Turning off Relaying and allowing Multiple SMTP Domains

7. Spec for Proof of Concept Machine

8. turn off mail relay,or forwarding

9. How to turn off SMTP Relay

10. NDR...But relaying has been turned off

11. How Do I Turn Off Mail Relay?

12. Turn Off SMTP Relay