Adding 2nd server and removing first site server

Adding 2nd server and removing first site server

Post by Greg » Fri, 01 Mar 2002 10:26:21

I added a 2nd Exchange server to a site last week.  I moved
all mailboxes, replicated Public folders and rehomed
them.  I followed procedures as detailed in Microsoft
Technet on how to Remove the First Exchange Server in a
Site.  Tonight, I removed the connectors on the first box,
then removed the server from the tree.  I then shutdown the
Exchange services on the original box and removed it from
the network after a shutdown.  I installed the IMS on the
new server and removed/reinstalled the MS-Mail connector
to get back Schedule Plus/Free Busy.  I can send and
receive Internet mail to an Outlook client, but it takes
Outlook about 5 minutes to open on the desktop.  Am I
forgetting something?  Can anyone help?  Thanks.

1. Removed the first Exchange server in a site without replication first

We've removed the first Exchange server in a site without replicating the
Offline Address Book folder and Schedule+ Free Busy Information folder.  Now
we encounter the problem to generate the OAB and view others' free/busy
schedule.  Is there any workaround for this case?  Thanks in advance.

2. System Requirements for Exchange Server

3. Removing the first lonely server of the first site of the Org

4. ADDRESS BOOKS

5. Removed the first Exchange server in a site without replication first

6. Limits on Private IS

7. folders in client 5.0

8. e55 - internet mail service (2nd server joining site and removing 1st server)

9. Removing first server from Multi server Site

10. IMS problems after adding 2nd server to site