Exchange security problems

Post by Leslie Rea » Thu, 02 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Help!
I'm trying to enable advanced security for Outlook. But with two people, I
keep getting an error message from the Exchange server. It says: Advanced
security not enabled. Please contact your administrator for another key
number.
Does anyone know what is causing this error and how to fix it??
Leslie Read
Holland Group Int
El Paso, Tx

Exchange security problems

Post by Sue Mosher [MVP » Sat, 04 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Can you detail where in the process you're getting this message?
--
Sue Mosher
Slipstick Systems, Moscow

> Help!
> I'm trying to enable advanced security for Outlook. But with two people,
> keep getting an error message from the Exchange server. It says: Advanced
> security not enabled. Please contact your administrator for another key
> number.
> Does anyone know what is causing this error and how to fix it??
> Leslie Read
> Holland Group Int
> El Paso, Tx

1. Exchange security problem

Hi,

Our organisation has two exchange sites, one located in
France and the other located in London. In our France
office, we HAD two exchange servers, lets call them ML01
and ML02. ML01 was installed as the first exchange server
in the organisation and ML02 followed. In London, we have
ML03 as the 3rd server.

A few months ago, ML01 started doing something that
appeared to be a hardware fault. The admin located in
France moved all the mailboxes from ML01 to ML02 and
unmounted the stores on ML01.

All the services, incomming mail etc. was manually change
to ML02 and the entire mail system runs fine.

While I was away, the admin in FR decieded to "uninstall"
the ML01 server without due care and this can caused a
number of problems that I cannot find any resolution to.
Although the initial apperance is that the mail system is
still functioning 100%, there is a problem that concerns
me greatly.

I receive the following event messages, on ML02, with
Diagnostic logging is set to MAX on "Resources" under
ExchangeMTA.

1.) Only logged due to diag logging.
Source: MSExchangeMTA
Category: Resource
Event ID: 9267
Type: Information

(BASE IL INCOMMING RPC(26) Proc 505) LTAB allocated at
index 111(4)

2.) This is the message received every 10 minutes exactly
Source: MSExchangeMTA
Category: Security
Event ID: 9297
Type: Warning

The user /o=First Organistation/ou=First Administrative
Group/cn=Configuration/cn=servers/cn=ML03 has caused a
security violation. Locality table (LTAB) index: 205.
Windows 2000 error code:0x80070005. [BASE IL MAIN BASE 1
237] (14)

3.)Only logged due to diag logging.
Source: MSExchangeMTA
Category: Resource
Event ID: 9265
Type: Information

(BASE IL MAIN BASE(1) Proc 514) LTAB index 111 released(4)

All the systems are running Exchange 2000 STD with SP 3.
Besides killing a French man, what can I do to resolve
this problem? I have looked everywhere and the only
reference I can find to this is relating to EX5.5 and does
not help very much.

Thanks

Dean (remove the "AT" to send me an e-mail)

2. Server Domain Name vs Registered Domain Name

3. Outlook and Exchange security problem

4. Second IMS not sending

5. Exchange security problem

6. OWA ( Lost in Space )

7. Exchange security problem ?

8. Exchange 2000 and mobile users

9. Exchange security problems

10. exchange security problems

11. Help!! Outlook and Exchange security problems!

12. Help!! Outlook 97 & Exchange security problems!

13. Help!! Outlook and Exchange security problems!