Rename Computer Name after Restore DS

Post by Bill » Sat, 17 Feb 2001 20:40:59

Dear all,

Since the restore process of DS required the same computer name, can I
restore the DS to a new server using the same computer name and rename it.

I've an exchange server running as PDC (Domain A) and the account
information is from domain B. What I want is to move the server to domain B
as a member server for disaster recovery plan.

Will the server name in Exchange Admin automatically being updated?

Appreicate for any suggestions through email.

Regards,

Bill

1. Rename Computer Name after Restore DS

Dear all,

Since the restore process of DS required the same computer name, can I
restore the DS to a new server using the same computer name and rename it.

I've an exchange server running as PDC (Domain A) and the account
information is from domain B. What I want is to move the server to domain B
as a member server for disaster recovery plan.

Will the server name in Exchange Admin automatically being updated?

Appreicate for any suggestions through email.

Regards,

Bill

2. IMS stops sending and receiving mail

3. Restoring DS & IS to different computer

4. Intermittent Inbound email failure

5. Where is Mailbox Manager Service ?

6. Accessing email in a different "Recipients" container

7. Rename an Exchange 2000 computer name

8. Renaming a computer name that has MS Exchange Server

9. renaming a NT workstation's computer name

10. Renaming Exchange 5.5 Server's computer name

11. failed to add local computer of DS group