Reg Hack for Outlook - Username and Domain Name Login Field

Reg Hack for Outlook - Username and Domain Name Login Field

Post by Justi » Fri, 27 Jul 2001 03:54:36

I have remote users that connect to Exchange via the Internet. Do you know
of a reg hack so the Username and Domainname promt in Outlook (not Outlook
Web Access) stays 'filled in'?

Post by Tony Wood » Fri, 27 Jul 2001 06:19:52

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q198/4/38.ASP

--
Tony Woods MCSE, CNA
Microserve.ca

I have remote users that connect to Exchange via the Internet. Do you know
of a reg hack so the Username and Domainname promt in Outlook (not Outlook
Web Access) stays 'filled in'?

Reg Hack for Outlook - Username and Domain Name Login Field

Post by Justi » Sat, 28 Jul 2001 02:05:13

Thank you.

> http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q198/4/38.ASP

> --
> Tony Woods MCSE, CNA
> Microserve.ca
> Victoria, BC Canada - Earth
> Exchange FAQ - http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm

> I have remote users that connect to Exchange via the Internet. Do you know
> of a reg hack so the Username and Domainname promt in Outlook (not Outlook
> Web Access) stays 'filled in'?

1. Empty User Name/Domain Name Fields On Login Screen

When some users launch Outlook it shows their login name and the Exchange
server already entered but for other users the fields are always blank.  We
are not technically using an NT domain.  The Exchange server is the only
machine running NT Server.  Is there some way to easily have the end-user
perhaps click on a .REG file to fix the registry so that the last values
entered for Name/Domain are pre-entered the next time?

TIA

P.S.  If you respond by email, please omit the "skipthis."

2. Exporting Public Folders

3. Outlook Not Saving Username & Domain Name

4. I'm Stumped

5. Service Account problem

6. Reg hack for NT/Exchange

7. "Windows Messaging" client does not handle MIME encoded email (report without mangled newsgroup list)

8. REG Hack

9. Reg hack for NT/Exchange

10. DOMAIN\USERNAME for the login

11. Outlook Deployment Kit Reg entries and Name Resolution??

12. Saving username and domain name at logon