Retrieving old mail

Post by Raymond Fel » Sat, 29 Sep 2001 20:39:25

Dear sirs,

I have a huge problem.
We are a little company and we had a server with NT4.0,
Proxyserver and Exchangeserver.
everything went well untill we had a crash....
The harddisk was dammaged and I did something that seems
to be stupid.
I reinstalled the serversoftware and everything else,
including Exchange server.
Added all users etc and the server was running again at
the end of the day.
Now we are missing of course the old mail that was in the
mailboxes.
We do have a tape and I restored the information back onto
the harddisk in another directorie than the new directorie.

My question is how I can get the mail back into Exchange
server ?????

The data is there but of course untill now unreachable.
Is there a way to convert it into the new mailboxes ??

Please help us with this problem.

Sincerely yours,
Raymond Fels
Pick & Place b.v.
Zelhem - Nederland.

Retrieving old mail

Post by Tony » Sun, 30 Sep 2001 07:54:33

Check out http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q162/3/53.asp
and
http://www.microsoft.com/Exchange/techinfo/administration/55/backupre...
sp

--
Tony Woods MCSE, CNA
Microserve.ca

[...]

1. Retrieving Old Mail

Bailey,

Thanks a lot.    can do that, however, in my case, I don't seem to have a
pst file on my computer as I did a search with show hidden files enabled.
Since all the mail is being hold at the exchange server in the EDB, then
there's got to be another way aslo.
Will a .ost file work the same way?
Thanks

2. Help - I've lost my settings!

3. Cannot retrieve Older Mails...Please Help

4. help exchange migration

5. How Old Mails can be retrieved

6. OWA

7. Retrieving Old E-mail

8. SMTP

9. Retrieving data from an old IS?

10. Cannot retrieve old data from mailboxes after a offline defragmentation

11. retrieving old mailboxes

12. Retrieving old email

13. utility to retrieve old messages from news server to exchange newfeed