echange problem

Post by bobmell » Sat, 28 Jun 2003 17:57:47

I have been running Exchange 5.0 (95 version) on my 1998
windows system.  However, after installing ADSL internet
service my Exchange diappears upon execution.  I can only
access Outlook Express.  The problem is I want to import
address books and message boxes from Exchange to Express
but Express won't let me and I can't get into Exchange.
When I go to control panel and click on the Mail/Fax icon
it tells me memory/resources too low, close some windows.
I have plenty of memory and I am not running any
programs.  What should I do?

thanks, bob

echange problem

Post by Lanwench [MVP - Exchange » Sat, 28 Jun 2003 23:00:45

Bob - this is an Exchange *server* group. You're talking about the Exchange
*client*, which to the best of my knowledge is not supported any more. It
was superseded by Microsoft Outlook quite some time ago.

Re getting items into Express, try an OE group:

microsoft.public.internet.outlookexpress.mac for OE for Macintosh

for all the microsoft.public newsgroups).

A good website for information on OE is:
http://www.tomsterdam.com/

> I have been running Exchange 5.0 (95 version) on my 1998
> windows system.  However, after installing ADSL internet
> service my Exchange diappears upon execution.  I can only
> access Outlook Express.  The problem is I want to import
> address books and message boxes from Exchange to Express
> but Express won't let me and I can't get into Exchange.
> When I go to control panel and click on the Mail/Fax icon
> it tells me memory/resources too low, close some windows.
> I have plenty of memory and I am not running any
> programs.  What should I do?

> thanks, bob

1. Help Echange Problems!

Hi, i got troubles with exchange server 5.5 sp4, my
clients can't delete more than one message at a time, and
can't move more than one message to another folder. I try
using tricks like increasing the Background threads, but
this destroy de information store service so, after
reinstalling the exchange and use eseutil to defragment
the databases of exchange the problems dissapear, but
after one week of being working properly sudently becomes
unstable again. Someone have this kind of problems, if
some can help me i will be very thankyou.

2. Adding a second (3rd,4th etc) domain to Ex2000 for smtp mail retrieval

3. outlook and echange problem

4. URGENT:: Data type problem in Recordset(WSS)

5. Problem with Echange v5.5 SMTP

6. Inoculan 4.00 & Exchange 5.5 - Anybody can help ?

7. MS Echange Administrator problem

8. Multiple Profile

9. Problems with Echange 5.5 causing BSOD

10. Echange Server 5.0: Problem with sending mail to the Internet

11. Problem with 2 echange servers

12. echange or outlook problem

13. Problems with echange 2000 sp1 setup