Size of mail incorrectly displayed in MS-Exchange

Size of mail incorrectly displayed in MS-Exchange

Post by Identity Withhel » Sat, 07 Dec 1996 04:00:00

The server compresses the messages. So can the client, optionally. Also,
there are some differences in how the headers are stored in server vs.
client.
--
Identity withheld to protect my employer
Many people think they are thinking when they are

Quote:> This is a minor nit but sometimes the size of a mail message - as seen
> in my MS-Exchange client - doesn't tally when the mail is extracted to
> a text file.  An extreme example would be a mail seen in Exchange
> recently as being 2.9 Mb in size but when extracted to a text file, it is
5.7
> Mb.  Is there any good reason for this?

> James.

1. Japanese message displayed incorrectly

For inbound message from Internet, Japanese message is
displayed incorrectly (as if the message is encoded US
ASCII) when the character set is not defined in its
header.
Default in Internet Message Format under Global Settings
is MIME:Western European and Non-MIME:US ASCII.
After Internet Message Format is configured to use JIS
for the domain, the message is received just fine.  In
fact, the message displayed incorrectly can be viewed
correctly when accessed via IMAP4 (Outlook Express
Japanese).
This workaround does not save eveyone because when we set
JIS, then messages written in other language are not
viewed correctly.
Does anyone have suggestion?

2. Messages Being redirected to Another User's Box

3. Schedule availability incorrectly displayed

4. OWA HTML files do not appear in public folders

5. Custom User properties incorrectly displayed

6. E2K unable to recieve outside mail in mixed enviroment

7. Schedule availability incorrectly displayed

8. Exchange Server versions question

9. Unable to display folders mail folders on MS Exchange 5.0 Server

10. Incorrectly adressed domain mail to single exchange account

11. Mail to MS Exchange/MS mail

12. Incorrectly Addressed e-mail

13. Mail routes incorrectly with express client.