Exchange Optimiser

Post by Tom Huyn » Fri, 30 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

I have a Compaq Proliant 1600 configured with 4 GB mirrored system C: drive
and RAID 0 D: drive running NT4 and Exchange 5.5. I have optimised Exchange
so that some of the Exchange stuff are stored on D drive. Now I want to
re-optimise Exchange so that I can tell Exchange to move all its Data (data
store stuff) to C drive. The reason for this is that I want to add another
hard drive and reconfigure RAID 0 to RAID 5 and I don't want to stuff
Exchange up.

Can anyone tell me if Exchange will actually move all the data to C drive
and is this a good way of doing things???

Thanks in advance

Exchange Optimiser

Post by Amiri Jon » Fri, 30 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>Hi,

>I have a Compaq Proliant 1600 configured with 4 GB mirrored system C:
>drive and RAID 0 D: drive running NT4 and Exchange 5.5. I have optimised
>Exchange so that some of the Exchange stuff are stored on D drive. Now I
>want to re-optimise Exchange so that I can tell Exchange to move all its
>Data (data store stuff) to C drive. The reason for this is that I want
>to add another hard drive and reconfigure RAID 0 to RAID 5 and I don't
>want to stuff Exchange up.

>Can anyone tell me if Exchange will actually move all the data to C
>drive and is this a good way of doing things???

        Running the Optimizer will not only work, it's the only method for
doing what you ask that is supported by Microsoft.  Run the Optimizer and
make changes as you see fit, but make sure you have a backup first!

1. Exchange Optimiser

Thanks for the reply ... but can you explain to me where the program is for
the optimiser... I looked through all the menus etc in exchange server and
don't seem to be able to find it

Thanks

You just need to run the Exchange optimiser and this should do all the work
for you.

regards

Mark Smith

2. Improving Exchange performance

3. HELP: Exchange Optimiser corruption

4. smtp;501 5.7.1 error/ need help fast

5. Exchange Optimiser

6. Reverse Lookup does not replicate

7. Is the Exchange Optimiser (still) broken?

8. Can't update security descriptor

9. Exchange 2000 (SBS2000) Performance Optimiser?

10. Is there a Exchange 2000 Optimiser ?

11. Optimiser?

12. Where's Performance Optimiser?

13. Performance Optimiser