Logging and backup problem afther running eseutil /r on a Exchange 5.5 server

Logging and backup problem afther running eseutil /r on a Exchange 5.5 server

Post by R.L. Schilperoor » Fri, 27 Jul 2001 02:41:28

Hello,

Last Friday I had a problem with one of our Exchange Servers.
After a server reboot both the priv.adb and pub.edb where inconsistant.

Because this happened after a day's work and before a backup I decieded to
try the eseutil utility.

After running the eseutil utility with the extension /r both the edb files
where consistant again and the services started without any problem....
Nothing was reported in the event viewer.

After the weekend we noticed the Backup has reported a failure...
Because of other changes, that happened over the weekend, my colleage
decided to wait one more day to give me notice of this problem...

But, the second day, the backup reported another failure...

The NtBackup error pointed at a problem in the edb.log and when i was looked
further into this problem i noticed something strange...

the edb.log edb.chk and the edb***.log in the mdbdata directory didn't
change date.....logging didn't seem to work anymore...
(i checked the location of the log files in the registry and mdbdata is
still the ctive' directory)

What did i do wrong....and how can i fix this problem..

Did i had to remove al the .log files after i ran eseutil /r, and is this
still possible?

Please reply directly to my e-mail adres..

Thanks in advance....
Rene

1. Logging and Backup problem after running eseutil /r

[...]

2. I love you criteria file

3. Unable to Backup Directory Service after running ESEUTIL

4. Stuck in Outbox

5. Can't backup Exchange 5.5 running on Win2k Server

6. Backup Exec access denied error

7. error message in exchange 5.5 when running eseutil

8. How can I create a second account?

9. RUNNING ESEUTIL.EXE REMOTELY ON AN EXCHANGE 5.5 SP2

10. Ran eseutil /p and now I have big problems

11. Store Problem - Can't run eseutil

12. mailbox problems after running eseutil on priv and pub

13. Ran eseutil /p and now I have big problems