MAPI Question: How do you get the internet address for a MailUser out of the Exchange Address Book

MAPI Question: How do you get the internet address for a MailUser out of the Exchange Address Book

Post by Joe Bentle » Mon, 24 May 1999 04:00:00

Using MAPI:

How do you get the internet address for a MailUser out of the Exchange
Address Book?

I only gives me the Exchange Address, but I need the default SMTP address
for the user.

TIA

-joe

MAPI Question: How do you get the internet address for a MailUser out of the Exchange Address Book

Post by MrChao » Tue, 25 May 1999 04:00:00

debug.print objAddressEntry.Fields(&H39FE001E).value

??o?????...

Quote:>Using MAPI:

>How do you get the internet address for a MailUser out of the Exchange
>Address Book?

>I only gives me the Exchange Address, but I need the default SMTP address
>for the user.

>TIA

>-joe

MAPI Question: How do you get the internet address for a MailUser out of the Exchange Address Book

Post by Joe Bentle » Tue, 25 May 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> debug.print objAddressEntry.Fields(&H39FE001E).value

Thanks for the quick response.

Your line of code looks like you might be using VB with CDOs?  But there
must be a way to do this with C++ and MAPI.  I have seen with people do this
in Exchange Client Extensions.

Thanks Again!

-joe

Quote:

Post by Sue Mosher [MVP » Tue, 25 May 1999 04:00:00

I believe that the samples at http://www.cdolive.com cover this issue.
--
Sue Mosher
Author of "The Microsoft Outlook E-mail and Fax Guide"

Quote:> Using MAPI:

> How do you get the internet address for a MailUser out of the Exchange
> Address Book?

> I only gives me the Exchange Address, but I need the default SMTP address
> for the user.

> TIA

> -joe

MAPI Question: How do you get the internet address for a MailUser out of the Exchange Address Book

Post by Lyor Goldste » Wed, 26 May 1999 04:00:00

/* Address book entry SMTP address */
#define PR_ABENTRY_SMTP_ADDRESS PROP_TAG(PT_TSTRING, 0x39FE)

LPMAILUSER      pMU=.....get object ptr...
LPSPropValue    pProps=NULL;

hr = HrGetOneProp(pMU,  PR_ABENTRY_SMTP_ADDRESS, &pProps);
if (SUCCEEDED(hr)) ....

// don't forget to MAPIFreeBuffer the "pProps"...

Quote:>> debug.print objAddressEntry.Fields(&H39FE001E).value

>Thanks for the quick response.

>Your line of code looks like you might be using VB with CDOs?  But there
>must be a way to do this with C++ and MAPI.  I have seen with people do this
>in Exchange Client Extensions.

>Thanks Again!

>-joe

>> >How do you get the internet address for a MailUser out of the Exchange
>> >Address Book?

>> >I only gives me the Exchange Address, but I need the default SMTP address
>> >for the user.

Lyor Goldstein
CTI2 (CTI Square)
Technologies Group Leader