Inbound SMTP mail

Post by Laurentiu Bogda » Wed, 21 Jul 1999 04:00:00

I can't receive the mail.
I have a Exchange Server 5.5
I install the Internet Mail Service, all the proprieties on this service is
OK ( I think).
If I want to send an e-mail it works, but I can't received the e-mail who
use the SMTP.
How can resolve this problem ?

Thank you,
Laurentiu Bogdan

Inbound SMTP mail

Post by Bill Wad » Wed, 21 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Could be many things.

Do you have a DNS MX record that points to your Exchagne server?
Do you have a firewall that is configured to deal with SMTP?

The ultimate test is to open TCP port 25 from the Internet using the Telnet
app.
If you can do this using the Exchagne server's IP address, but not the fully
qualified domain name (yourserver.domainname.com), then you probably have a
DNS problem.
If you can't open port 25 to your Exchange server using the IP address, you
have a firewall or TCP problem.

Cheers,

> I can't receive the mail.
> I have a Exchange Server 5.5
> I install the Internet Mail Service, all the proprieties on this service
is
> OK ( I think).
> If I want to send an e-mail it works, but I can't received the e-mail who
> use the SMTP.
> How can resolve this problem ?

> Thank you,
> Laurentiu Bogdan

Inbound SMTP mail

Post by MS » Mon, 26 Jul 1999 04:00:00

but i use nslookup -querytype=MX domain.com can find exchange server,
i still cant receive mail and can send.
in exchange server event view found event

error code:accept clients on external interface POP3 failed with error
0x80004005.

i use ms proxy server,install DNS use MX point to my exchange server.
two weeks ago,everything look good,but exchange server crashed last
week,reinstall exchange server5.0 and cant receive pop3 mail.

what's wrong with me?pls help me.
thanks.

>Could be many things.

>Do you have a DNS MX record that points to your Exchagne server?
>Do you have a firewall that is configured to deal with SMTP?

>The ultimate test is to open TCP port 25 from the Internet using the Telnet
>app.
>If you can do this using the Exchagne server's IP address, but not the
fully
>qualified domain name (yourserver.domainname.com), then you probably have a
>DNS problem.
>If you can't open port 25 to your Exchange server using the IP address, you
>have a firewall or TCP problem.

>Cheers,

>> I can't receive the mail.
>> I have a Exchange Server 5.5
>> I install the Internet Mail Service, all the proprieties on this service
>is
>> OK ( I think).
>> If I want to send an e-mail it works, but I can't received the e-mail who
>> use the SMTP.
>> How can resolve this problem ?

>> Thank you,
>> Laurentiu Bogdan

1. Restricted inbound SMTP mail to Exchange 5.5 mailing lists

Hello, all

On my Exchange Server 5.5, I need to enable inbound SMTP e-
mail, but ONLY from certain KNOWN e-mail addresses!
Simply not giving out the SMTP address to undesired
mailers is NOT enough!  Is this possible?  If so, how?
Thanks in advance.  Please also reply via e-mail, remove
my opinion of unsolicited bulk e-mail from the address
above.

Brian J. Patterson.

2. Outlook html form converter

3. Mail Enabled Public Folder - Inbound SMTP Mail from other domains shows as Post

4. Compressing NTFS partitions that contain the data files

5. NO inbound SMTP mail (exch2000-proxy20-cisco1603r)

6. Strange things happening in Exchange Admin

7. Duplicate Inbound SMTP Mail

8. Event 9548 over and over and over again

9. Inbound SMTP mail with attachments don't arrive

10. Block inbound SMTP mail for specific users

11. Inbound SMTP Mail Settings

12. Copy all inbound SMTP mail to additional Mailbox?

13. Inbound SMTP Mail Fails