Satellite office authentication problem

Post by Tom Rodger » Fri, 13 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Satellite office with its own NT domain and internet access through MSProxy has
mailboxes on our Exchange server.  Users in satellite running Outlook97 or
Outlook98 with Internet e-mail service only.  After changing a user's password in
the Exchange server domain, and resetting the account properties with the new
password, user is not authenticated and gets the logon box asking for username
and password.  Any kb articles I find relate only to OWA authentication problems
through proxy.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom

Satellite office authentication problem

Post by Ed Crowley [MVP » Mon, 16 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Do these users have accounts in both domains?  Are you depending on the
password pass-through loophole in NT?  Your users' own domain accounts
should be the ones that are used for authentication to their Exchange
mailboxes.  This would require that your Exchange Server's domain trust the
users' account domain.
--
Ed Crowley MCSE+Internet MVP-Exchange
Tech Consultant

Satellite office with its own NT domain and internet access through MSProxy
has
mailboxes on our Exchange server.  Users in satellite running Outlook97 or
Outlook98 with Internet e-mail service only.  After changing a user's
password in
the Exchange server domain, and resetting the account properties with the
new
password, user is not authenticated and gets the logon box asking for
username
and password.  Any kb articles I find relate only to OWA authentication
problems
through proxy.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom

1. Unable to send email to satellite office

Site 1 has email hosted from an outside
organization address of Domain.org
Site 2 has Exchange 2000 box with address of
server.domain.org
Email from site 2 can reach any internet address
except site 1. My question would be how can I or
what configuration changes must take place to
make mail deliverable.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

2. E2K Tools on Windows XP?

3. Install of Office 2000 Service Pack 3 disables Exchange 2000 authentication

4. Moving PDC: Exchange Server to a BDC or a Member Server

5. What kind of virus is '_'? (GroupShield)

6. Office 2000 Service Pack 3 disables Exchange 2000 authentication

7. MS Exchange KM Server

8. Remote connection issues uing satellite

9. Synchronizing through a satellite connection?

10. Connecting Satellite Exchange Servers

11. Exchange Server to Satellite to Exchange Server

12. Satellite connection and exchange