someone please?

Post by cs » Wed, 10 May 2000 04:00:00

here's how the company is setup:
- 10 clients, 1 server, 1 proxy server all connected to a hub
- the proxy server is connected to internet through cable modem
- the server generate IP address for the clients (DHCP)
- internet mail is working fine, we're using netscape to read and send
mail
- we're using ISP service for the internet

i want to be able to do the ff:
- install exchange 5.0 on the server
- install outlook 2000 on clients for calendar and internal mail use
- clients can send and receive mail to each other (internal mail)
- use netscape for sending and receiving mail through internet (external
mail)

what do i need?
- do i need MS mail connector?
- do i need internet mail connector?

help is greatly appreciated.

someone please?

Post by Remco de Groo » Thu, 11 May 2000 04:00:00

You need:

A ISP who will forward all mail for vinland.com to the IP adres of your
Proxy.
A port mapping on SMTP (port 25) to your server (assuming Exchange is not
the proxy server).
The Internet Mail connector.

The simplest way to do things is to forward all mail to the SMTP server of
your ISP. Otherwise, dont forget to setup DNS in a ordenly fashion.

If you have any more questions, feel free to mail me. I will answer your
questions as soon as I can find the time.

--
Remco de Groot

To reply remove NOMORESPAM from my adres.

Quote:> here's how the company is setup:
> - 10 clients, 1 server, 1 proxy server all connected to a hub
> - the proxy server is connected to internet through cable modem
> - the server generate IP address for the clients (DHCP)
> - internet mail is working fine, we're using netscape to read and send
> mail
> - we're using ISP service for the internet

> i want to be able to do the ff:
> - install exchange 5.0 on the server
> - install outlook 2000 on clients for calendar and internal mail use
> - clients can send and receive mail to each other (internal mail)
> - use netscape for sending and receiving mail through internet (external
> mail)

> what do i need?
> - do i need MS mail connector?
> - do i need internet mail connector?

> help is greatly appreciated.

1. help someone please

I can't log on to microsoft outlook 2002 because it keeps
telling me that the microsoft exchange server is
unavailable.  i have to choose work offline to get into
it.  i dont know why the exchange server is even on my
outlook...i never had a problem before....also when i open
it up offline there are 2 folders that were not there
before, which are public and private but they are
unaccessible.  HELP PLEASE

2. Exchange Client never exits

3. someone please?

4. Problems replying to SMTP Mail

5. Help someone please... *pulling hair*

6. NNTP problem, Exchange 5.5

7. Can Someone please help!

8. Organisation foms library

9. Someone Please Help I'm Going MAD