Session.Login Problems

Post by Jim Blanchar » Sat, 11 Nov 2000 04:00:00

I have an ASP page that loops through all the users in an OU. I want to
calculate the size of each user's mailbox. In order to do so, I need to
login to each mailbox via MAPI. My problem is, I can't seem to get the
Session.Login call to work. The error I get is totally generic.  I have done
the following:

Use clear text auth because Exchange and the Web Server are on two different
boxes

Put IUSR_Server in the Administrators group to try and clear any permissions
problems (Dev box not connected to internet, don't worry :) )

Monkeyed with the settings of the params of the .Login call in every way I
can think of.

The environment is Exchange 2000 build 4417.5.  I am running out of ideas.
Has anyone done something like this before?  Thanks for any help you can
offer.
Jim

begin 666 ASP Code.txt

`
end

begin 666 Error Text.txt

`
end

Session.Login Problems

Post by Mariela Alborno » Sat, 11 Nov 2000 04:00:00

This works for me

Set oSession = Server.CreateObject("MAPI.Session")
sLogon = "BE1" & vbLF & "jblanchard"
oSession.Logon "", "", False, True, 0, True,sLogon

But I authenticate the user first, in order that the server let me see the
mailbox. I think you are going to need some rights to see every mailbox.

Quote:> I have an ASP page that loops through all the users in an OU. I want to
> calculate the size of each user's mailbox. In order to do so, I need to
> login to each mailbox via MAPI. My problem is, I can't seem to get the
> Session.Login call to work. The error I get is totally generic.  I have
done
> the following:

> Use clear text auth because Exchange and the Web Server are on two
different
> boxes

> Put IUSR_Server in the Administrators group to try and clear any
permissions
> problems (Dev box not connected to internet, don't worry :) )

> Monkeyed with the settings of the params of the .Login call in every way I
> can think of.

> The environment is Exchange 2000 build 4417.5.  I am running out of ideas.
> Has anyone done something like this before?  Thanks for any help you can
> offer.

> Jim

Session.Login Problems

Post by alph » Sat, 11 Nov 2000 04:00:00

I had similar problem in an another context - this happens only if the user
is not an administrator. The KB article may be relevant in this case:
"Q166599 .MMP file Created by MS Exchange Active Server"

it worked for me at atleast one other person! Try it.

serukulla

> This works for me

> Set oSession = Server.CreateObject("MAPI.Session")
> sLogon = "BE1" & vbLF & "jblanchard"
> oSession.Logon "", "", False, True, 0, True,sLogon

> But I authenticate the user first, in order that the server let me see the
> mailbox. I think you are going to need some rights to see every mailbox.

> > I have an ASP page that loops through all the users in an OU. I want to
> > calculate the size of each user's mailbox. In order to do so, I need to
> > login to each mailbox via MAPI. My problem is, I can't seem to get the
> > Session.Login call to work. The error I get is totally generic.  I have
> done
> > the following:

> > Use clear text auth because Exchange and the Web Server are on two
> different
> > boxes

> > Put IUSR_Server in the Administrators group to try and clear any
> permissions
> > problems (Dev box not connected to internet, don't worry :) )

> > Monkeyed with the settings of the params of the .Login call in every way
> > can think of.

> > The environment is Exchange 2000 build 4417.5.  I am running out of
ideas.
> > Has anyone done something like this before?  Thanks for any help you can
> > offer.

> > Jim

Session.Login Problems

Post by Eggi » Mon, 18 Dec 2000 17:05:53

if you can use a OpenDSObject object you can impersonate a user with
sufficient rights...

--

1. Trouble with MAPI.Session Login Script

Here is a copy the code I am using in a .vbs script file to connect to my
exchange server. Server-names, user-names, and passwords have been changed
to protect the innocent.

vblf & alias

For some reason I am getting an '=' sign in front of the alias in my Login
string. Any help with this will be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Exchange is linked to User Manager

3. Login-error with MAPI-session

4. service pack

5. Retrieving current MAPI session login info with VBA

6. Fax sericies

7. Trouble with MAPI.Session Login Script

8. OWA - 404 errors when reading emails

9. Error on login with MAPI-session

10. Maping workflow session to a CDO session?

11. Problems with session.logoff

12. cdo logon() problem, trying to create multiple sessions to other user's mailboxes

13. Problems with Session.GetFolder