Event sink not called for folder events

Post by Chris Wuestefel » Wed, 09 Oct 2002 00:54:59

I have a synchronous event sink that's behaving differenly on my test server
compared to production. In my test environment it would get notified for
events concerning new items, and also for events concerning folders. On my
production server, though, no folder events come through (so when someone
moves a folder, for example, I don't get called).

I'm registered for onsyncsave;onsyncdelete with DEEP scope with no filter.

Has anyone ever encountered this?

Event sink not called for folder events

Post by Michael Goettin » Wed, 09 Oct 2002 23:48:35

As I read somewhere DEEP Scope does not work on MAPI stores (public folder
store for ms outlook).
Does this differ between your test ans production environment ?

Michael.

Quote:> I have a synchronous event sink that's behaving differenly on my test
server
> compared to production. In my test environment it would get notified for
> events concerning new items, and also for events concerning folders. On my
> production server, though, no folder events come through (so when someone
> moves a folder, for example, I don't get called).

> I'm registered for onsyncsave;onsyncdelete with DEEP scope with no filter.

> Has anyone ever encountered this?

Event sink not called for folder events

Post by Chris Wuestefel » Thu, 10 Oct 2002 02:52:57

Further investigation shows that it's a little weirder. The URL that gets
passed to the sink component is what I call the "temporary" one, which is
based on the name of the object (e.g., file://./stuff/John Doe.EML). This
can change over time, so the first thing I do is get the permanenturl
attribute.

The thing is, on my production server, the permanenturl attribute (actually
http://schemas.microsoft.com/exchange/permanenturl) is missing. I assume
that it'll be there, and error out.

Does anyone know why it might be missing or inaccessible?