Query Active Directory

Post by John McGuir » Tue, 10 Jul 2001 10:44:14

I have a VB script which works well to retreive data from the Active
Directory using:

Set objConn = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
objConn.Provider = "ADsDSOOBJECT"
objConn.Open
strQuery = "SELECT sn, givenName, mail FROM
'LDAP://DC=east,DC=wan,DC=ramsayhealth,DC=com,DC=au' WHERE sn = 'M*'"
Set objRecordSet = objConn.Execute(strQuery)

I want to do the same with InterDev 6.0 SP4 in an ASP page using the design
time controls. I create a data connection with the above provider and use
the above select in the record set control then bind to a grid. When I hit
the page the grid is empty and I get no errors.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks John

1. Anonymous Query Active Directory for SMTP

I am trying to allow my sendmail server to perform an anonymous query of all
SMTP addresses within my exchange organization for anti-spam filtering.  I
have navigated to the "Users and Computers" Security settings and at the top
level, allowed 'anonymous' "List and Read" access.  I am not able to see any
attributes of any users under my domain.  I read MS article #320528, and
followed the instructions, but no luck.  Does anyone have the exact steps
and places within the AD snap in to allow "Anonymous" "read and list" access
to all of AD.

thanks

2. Why do I lose the senders address for NDR notifications?

3. Active Directory query for property homeMBX fails erratically

4. Permissions on a public folder

5. Hot to stop Active directory DNS server querying internet DNS servers

6. Server deleted and now: Unable to update public free/busy data

7. LDAP Query of Active Directory

8. Help - urgent : change path outlook 2000 signatures

9. Active directory query

10. Active Directory Query

11. Hot to stop Active directory DNS server querying internet DNS servers

12. Query with Active Directory Services

13. Active Directory query for property homeMBX fails erratically