XML database

Post by Yechezkal Gutfreun » Wed, 15 Nov 2000 04:00:00

(I have already looked at xml beta for SQL2000 with updates, appends, etc)

I am looking for an XML database that I can easily connect to
from ASP.

Features required:

o ASP access (can be with a server control)
o Seperate set of GUI tools for:
    - Tree & Forest pruning, update, replace, merge, search, replace over
       seperate trees (forests), etc.

Nice features:

o XML subtree level locking and security
o Scriptable triggers.

Does such a beast exists? Or is this still in the making?

Director of Web Solutions

1. Finding Custom Properties defined in Custom Content Class using XML

      I have used a webDAV method to query the folder contents in a web
storage system Exchange public folder. The xml file that it returns gives a
list of properties of the Folder contents in the "DAV:" namespace. It does
not return custom properties that i have defined in a custom content class.
If i use the same query in ASP it correctly returns the custom property
values that I have defined. The webDAV code i have used is

        xmlDocRequest = new ActiveXObject('MSXML2.DOMDocument.4.0')
  xmlDocResponse = new ActiveXObject('MSXML2.DOMDocument.4.0')

 var pi = xmlDocRequest.createProcessingInstruction("xml","version='1.0'")
 xmlDocRequest.appendChild(pi)

var node = xmlDocRequest.createNode(1,"searchrequest","DAV:")
xmlDocRequest.documentElement = node

      var node2 = xmlDocRequest.createNode(1,"sql","DAV:")
node.appendChild(node2);

var query = xmlDocRequest.createTextNode("select * from scope('DEEP
traversal of \"http://localhost/blaind/\"')");
node2.appendChild(query);

oXml.setrequestheader("Translate", "f");
oXml.setrequestheader("Content-Type", "text/xml");
oXml.setrequestheader("Depth", "0");
oXml.onreadystatechange = HandleStateChange;
oXml.send(xmlDocRequest);

      xmlDocResponse = oXml.ResponseXML;

      This returns the properties of the items and sub folders in the "DAV:"
namespace. Only ADO with ExOleDB provider in an ASP page with the same query
as i have used above returns the custom property values that i have defined.
How do i access my custom properties using webDAV? I do not want to use a
ASP page which uses ADO and ExOleDB provider.

      Regards

      Devesh

2. Having mails to go in between two different sites.

3. OWA 2000 and XML

4. Maintaining GAL from UNIX

5. Searching Exchange using XML in VB

6. Why can't i View System Folders?

7. Exchange 5.5 exposed in XML???

8. Exchange used to work but now does not

9. Error when saving multi-valued attribute to XML stream using ADO

10. Exchange 5.5 and XML

11. PROBLEM DEF: schema-root folder missing non_ipm_subtree empty everything else functional seeking access for XML work

12. Cannot load XML into DOM object

13. XML Data