Redistributing cdoex.dll

Post by Kevin Stanu » Fri, 10 May 2002 23:53:14

Are developers allowed to redistribute cdoex.dll, and other
Exchange-related dlls like address.dll and cdoexm.dll ?

Kevin Stanush
SystemTools Software Inc.
http://www.systemtools.com

Redistributing cdoex.dll

Post by Siegfried Weber [MVP » Sat, 18 May 2002 01:32:22

> Are developers allowed to redistribute cdoex.dll, and other
> Exchange-related dlls like address.dll and cdoexm.dll ?

Nope. No version of CDO is available for redistribution. The customer must
install an application which includes the appropriate library. In your case
installing the Exchange 2000 System Management tools (and applying the
latest Exchange SP of course) is the best choice.

--
<Siegfried />

Development Lead,

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) - Exchange Server
Co-author of "Professional CDO Programming", Wrox Press 1999

CDOLive LLC - The Microsoft Messaging and Collaboration Application Experts
http://www.cdolive.com

Please reply to the newsgroups so that others can benefit from the
discussion.
Questions by e-mail are discarded without further notice.

Redistributing cdoex.dll

Post by ntwi » Mon, 03 Jun 2002 04:41:18

Interesting.  Then how does this developer do this ?:

http://www.pointdev.com/Zip/IA_CDOEXM_Runtime.exe

Post by Siegfried Weber [MVP » Mon, 03 Jun 2002 04:55:01

> Interesting.  Then how does this developer do this ?:

> http://www.pointdev.com/Zip/IA_CDOEXM_Runtime.exe

*How* s/he is doing it is pretty obvious. S/he just offers it for download
:-) *What* s/he does is illegal and if Microsoft figures that out s/he might
be in risk to get sued.

If I'd be s/he I'd take this download down in the next few hours before
somebody who's monitoring this newsgroups takes legal action against them.

--
<Siegfried />

Development Lead,

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) - Exchange Server
Co-author of "Professional CDO Programming", Wrox Press 1999

CDOLive LLC - The Microsoft Messaging and Collaboration Application Experts
http://www.cdolive.com

Please reply to the newsgroups so that others can benefit from the
discussion.
Questions by e-mail are discarded without further notice.

1. cdoex.dll for exchange 2000

Hi,

I new to programming for Exchange server. I wanted if I was on the right
track.

I've managed to find docs telling me to use cdoex.dll, while others are
telling to use WebDAV.

I've decided to use cdoex.dll (in a .NET env). Where do I start???

I downloaded to E2K SDK but there are no documentation for using cdoex.dll

Can someoone please help me!!!

TIA,

RF

2. Is exchange 2k FULLY compatible w/IIS6?

3. Referencing CDOEx.dll in .Net application

4. Extension 'SMTP' could not be loaded

5. ASP code with CDOEX.dll but IMailBox.Calendar property empty

6. Uninstalling MS Exchange client

7. Redistribute mail

8. Choosing Windows 2000 Advanced Server

9. Question about Exchange sample extension dll: IMCEXT.DLL

10. error: cannot find procedure WNetEnumCachedPasswords in DLL MPR.Dll

11. DLL initialization failed - user32.dll

12. SP2 Install - MDBPERF.DLL - and- MTAPERF.DLL

13. pcproxy.dll | imcadmin.dll problems...