ADO on client and SDK question

Post by Kjell Arne Hauglan » Wed, 08 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Hi

Two questions:

1. I downloaded an SDK some time ago called Exchange 2000: Platform SDK. I
visited the Exchange site some days ago to find a similar SDK, but another
name: Web Storage System SDK. Somehow I can't install both. Seems like MS
have used the same Id on the install package. When I try to install one
after the other, I'm asked if I want to repair or remove it, instead of just
install it.
The clue is the content is not the same. I doubt if the System SDK replace
the Platform SDK.

2. Thomas Rizzo answered a post of mine, telling me that I could not use CDO
2 or 3 on then client, but I could use ADO 2.5 to connect to Exchange 2000.
What provider am I supposed to use? I can't use the ExOLEDB.DataSource
provider.

regards
Kjell Arne Haugland

ADO on client and SDK question

Post by Jeff Wierer [MS » Wed, 08 Nov 2000 04:00:00

<inline>

Quote:> Two questions:

> 1. I downloaded an SDK some time ago called Exchange 2000: Platform SDK. I
> visited the Exchange site some days ago to find a similar SDK, but another
> name: Web Storage System SDK. Somehow I can't install both. Seems like MS
> have used the same Id on the install package. When I try to install one
> after the other, I'm asked if I want to repair or remove it, instead of
just
> install it.
> The clue is the content is not the same. I doubt if the System SDK replace
> the Platform SDK.

The WSS SDK replaces the Exchange Platform SDK.  This is because covering
the WSS allowed to cover more information than just Exchange.

Quote:> 2. Thomas Rizzo answered a post of mine, telling me that I could not use
CDO
> 2 or 3 on then client, but I could use ADO 2.5 to connect to Exchange
2000.
> What provider am I supposed to use? I can't use the ExOLEDB.DataSource
> provider.

.Provider = "MSDAIPP.DSO"

-Jeff

ADO on client and SDK question

Post by Kjell Arne Hauglan » Sat, 11 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Thanks.

Is there any examples using the "MSDAIPP.DSO" provider?

What can I do and what can I not do with this provider?

regards
Kjell Arne Haugland

Quote:> <inline>
> > 2. Thomas Rizzo answered a post of mine, telling me that I could not use
> CDO
> > 2 or 3 on then client, but I could use ADO 2.5 to connect to Exchange
> 2000.
> > What provider am I supposed to use? I can't use the ExOLEDB.DataSource
> > provider.

> .Provider = "MSDAIPP.DSO"

> -Jeff

ADO on client and SDK question

Post by Jeff Wierer [MS » Sat, 11 Nov 2000 04:00:00

It wraps DAV so it doesn't support transactions.  It should otherwise be
similar to using exoledb.

-Jeff

> Thanks.

> Is there any examples using the "MSDAIPP.DSO" provider?

> What can I do and what can I not do with this provider?

> regards
> Kjell Arne Haugland

> > <inline>
> > > 2. Thomas Rizzo answered a post of mine, telling me that I could not
use
> > CDO
> > > 2 or 3 on then client, but I could use ADO 2.5 to connect to Exchange
> > 2000.
> > > What provider am I supposed to use? I can't use the ExOLEDB.DataSource
> > > provider.

> > .Provider = "MSDAIPP.DSO"

> > -Jeff

1. Version of Platform SDK with Exchange SDK???

Hi,
Which version of Microsoft Platform SDK should be
installed for Exchange SDK 2000 to work properly?
When I installed MS Platform SDK August 2001. I had
Exchange Event Regsitration problem. When I installed
Visual Studio 6.0 with SP5. Then it worked fine.

Please let me know. It is urgent.
Thanks in advance.
Pankaj

2. mailbox size does not decrease?!

3. 5.5 SDK and 2K SDK

4. offline folder synchronization

5. Integrate SDK with Platform SDK & Visual Studio

6. Backing it all up

7. Version of Platform SDK with Exchange SDK???

8. 550 5.7.1 error on a single user

9. Exchange SDK and Group Calendar template Question - Killing me

10. NEWBIE question: ado with exchange

11. IM client included in Exchange2000 SDK

12. Chat Client SDK 2.0

13. login to msn messenger service with client from Web Storage Systems SDK