CDOEXM proxyAddresses question

Post by connor » Wed, 14 May 2003 08:56:01

Code:

Our Exchange 2000 users need to have *multiple* proxy addresses, but
how is this achieved?

Thanks if anyone can assist.

CDOEXM proxyAddresses question

Post by Marc Nivens [MSFT » Thu, 15 May 2003 08:39:22

Put the addresses in an array like:

Then use the following put statement:

objUser.PutEx ADS_PROPERTY_APPEND, "proxyAddresses", Array(SMTPArray)

Oh and ADS_PROPERTY_APPEND should be assigned as a const with a value of 3.

--
Marc Nivens
Enterprise Messaging Support

Post by connor » Thu, 15 May 2003 14:10:55

> Put the addresses in an array like:

> Then use the following put statement:

> objUser.PutEx ADS_PROPERTY_APPEND, "proxyAddresses", Array(SMTPArray)

> Oh and ADS_PROPERTY_APPEND should be assigned as a const with a value of 3.

> --
> Marc Nivens
> Enterprise Messaging Support

Awesome thanks, Marc!

But I'm receiveing:

            A configuration error in the e-mail system caused the
message to bounce between two servers or to be forwarded between two
recipients.  Contact your administrator.

With this script code:

Set objOU = GetObject("LDAP://OU=Contacts, dc=local,dc=net")
Set objUser = objOU.Create("contact", "CN=User")

objUser.SetInfo

'Add a few attributes to newly created object

Set objOU = GetObject("LDAP://CN="User", OU=Contacts,
dc=local,dc=com")

objUser.Put "givenName", "User"

objUser.SetInfo

Yet if I swap SMTP addresses: