alternatives to PR_RTF_COMPRESSED?

Post by Jens Erik Taase » Tue, 21 Nov 2000 04:00:00

We have an application running on Exchange 5.5 using Outlook with custom
forms and Word as the editor.
There's also a couple of VB applications exporting and importing the
messages between Exchange and the file system. These use MAPIRTF.DLL for
getting the RTF saved by Word.

As we're m,oving to Exchange 2000, I have tried doing this using CDO/ADO,
but I'm a bit stuck:
* Can I retreive the RTF representation of the message without using MAPI?
(Actually I would prefer XML, but the important thing is to retain the name
of styles used in the text.)
* And how do I create a new message in a way that makes Word open it as a
Word document instead of plain text?

Regards,
Jens Erik Taasen