Adding Disclaimers to outbound mail

Post by Kim Bole » Thu, 09 Nov 2000 04:00:00

I need to add different company dislaimers to all outbound mail.
How would I go about this?

Many thanks for any suggestions

Adding Disclaimers to outbound mail

Post by Paul Simpso » Thu, 16 Nov 2000 04:00:00

The only way I've found is via third party applications such as GFI
MailEssentials - unfortunately I had troubles with it on RC2 and have
decided to leave it for now.

If you use Outlook as your clients you could use the signature facility but
your users *could* switch this off - and it would affect internal mail also.

If anyone knows of other ideas, please let us know as my boss wants
disclaimers also!

Paul

Quote:> I need to add different company dislaimers to all outbound mail.
> How would I go about this?

> Many thanks for any suggestions

Adding Disclaimers to outbound mail

Post by Dave Stricklan » Sat, 18 Nov 2000 04:00:00

I Don't have time for specific code but Hopefully this will get you headed down
the right track. Your looking at SMTP transport events. These events fire for
every message handled on the server that utilize the SMTP Protocol.
see the overview below for the 10,000 foot view I looked into these briefly a
while back and got the impression that most of the documentation is geared
toward C++.
Link to Microsoft description:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/techart/transportevents.htm

>The only way I've found is via third party applications such as GFI
>MailEssentials - unfortunately I had troubles with it on RC2 and have
>decided to leave it for now.

>If you use Outlook as your clients you could use the signature facility but
>your users *could* switch this off - and it would affect internal mail also.

>If anyone knows of other ideas, please let us know as my boss wants
>disclaimers also!

>Paul

>> I need to add different company dislaimers to all outbound mail.
>> How would I go about this?

>> Many thanks for any suggestions

Learn more and more about less and less and you will one day find yourself the
world formost expert in Dev Null.