Creating Full-Text Index on Public Store

Creating Full-Text Index on Public Store

Post by George Chondro » Tue, 07 Nov 2000 04:00:00



1. Is their an interface to create a Full-Text index on an existing Public
Store?

2. Is their an interface that allows the creation of a virtual directory
that points to an existing Public Store?

TIA

George Chondros
80-20 Software Pty. Ltd.

 
 
 

Creating Full-Text Index on Public Store

Post by Jeff Wierer [MS » Tue, 07 Nov 2000 04:00:00



Quote:> 1. Is their an interface to create a Full-Text index on an existing Public
> Store?

Not that I know of?

Quote:> 2. Is their an interface that allows the creation of a virtual directory
> that points to an existing Public Store?

Sure do something like this

Function CreateNewWeb(strComputerName, strFolderName, strDomainName)

    Dim iServer         'As New CDOEXM.ExchangeServer
    Dim strFHName       'As String
    Dim NewWeb          'As IADsContainer
    Dim ADCont          'As IADsContainer

    Set iServer = CreateObject("CDOEXM.ExchangeServer")
    'Set ADCont = CreateObject("IADsContainer")

    Result = True

    iServer.DataSource.Open strComputerName
    Set ADCont = GetObject("LDAP://" & iServer.DirectoryServer &
"/CN=1,CN=HTTP,CN=Protocols," & Mid(iServer.DataSource.SourceURL, InStr(1,
iServer.DataSource.SourceURL, "cn=")))

    Set NewWeb = ADCont.Create("msExchProtocolCfgHTTPVirtualDirectory",
"cn=" & strFolderName)

    NewWeb.Put "hTTPPubGAL", CBool(0)
    NewWeb.Put "anonymousAccount", "IUSR_" & strComputerName
    NewWeb.Put "folderPathname", CStr(strFolderName)
    NewWeb.Put "msExchAccessFlags", CInt(535)
    NewWeb.Put "msExchAuthenticationFlags", CInt(7)
    NewWeb.Put "msExchBasicAuthenticationDomain", CStr(strDomainName)
    NewWeb.Put "msExchDefaultLogonDomain", CStr(strDomainName)
    NewWeb.Put "msExchDirBrowseFlags", -1073741794
    NewWeb.Put "msExchLogonMethod", CInt(3)
    NewWeb.Put "msExchLogType", CInt(0)
    NewWeb.Put "msExchServerAutoStart", CBool(-1)
    NewWeb.Put "msExchServerRole", CInt(0)
    NewWeb.Put "name", CStr(strFolderName)
    'newweb.Put "showInAdvancedViewOnly", cbool(-1)
    On Error Resume Next
    Err.Clear
    NewWeb.SetInfo
    If Err <> 0 Then
        If Err.Number <> &H80071392 Then ' If user exists no need to raise
an err
            MsgBox CStr(Err.Number) + ") " + Err.Description, , Err.Source
            Result = False
        End If
    End If

    Set NewWeb = Nothing
    Set ADCont = Nothing
    Set iServer = Nothing

    SetNewWeb = Result
End Function

 
 
 

Creating Full-Text Index on Public Store

Post by Catherine Sh » Sun, 14 Jan 2001 23:08:41


Hi,

I have a question about the first issue:
I registered a key
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Search\1.0\ExchangeParameters\SchemaTextFilePathName"
and set the value="c:\program files\exchsrvr\fulltextindexprops.txt"
as the "Customizing Full-Text Indexing" topic describes in MSDN.
But it had no effect after I rebuilt the indexes by "Start Full Population".
Should I re-create an index file or restart the server to make it work??

The content in "c:\program files\exchsrvr\fulltextindexprops.txt" is:
urn:schemas:mailheader:comment
urn:schemas:mailheader:keywords
urn:schemas:mailheader:summary

Thanks in advance.
Catherine Shen



>Hi George

>Answer to the first question:
>This can be done through a quite simple operation where the properties you
>want to full-text index are written into a text file that is then referenced
>from the registry. It is a bit too long a story to go through here, but the
>topic "Customizing Full-Text Indexing" in MSDN describes this. Be careful
>when adding properties though, the size of the index will start growing... I
>tried this out on one of the Exchange 2000 betas, but had problems getting
>the full-text index updated. With the Released version it should work fine
>though.

>In answer to your second question:
>The article "Automating Web Site Administration Using IIS" in MSDN explains
>this very well. There is an example vbs file (adsutil.vbs) in there that can
>perform most common operations on Virtual Directories (creation, setting
>properties, deletion etc.), and if it can't do what you want the script is
>very simple to modify. I have attached the script file in case you can't
>find it in MSDN (it's a vbs file, so some virus alerts might trigger on
>this. To ensure it does nothing evil, read all the code in it before you try
>it out ;) ).
>To make sure the Virtual Directory you create points into your Public Store
>of choice you have to set its path property to point to the store on the M:
>drive. If you want to be able to use WebDAV commands on this Virtual
>Directory you will also have to make sure it has the same ISAPI filters
>registered as the standard 'public' Virtual Directory, this can also be done
>through ADSI without too much trouble. The easiest way of seeing how you are
>supposed to put the ISAPI filter on there is to read the ISAPI filter
>property of 'public' to get a look at the syntax. It is made up of comma
>separated stings and can be difficult to get right.

>/Kristian



>> 1. Is their an interface to create a Full-Text index on an existing Public
>> Store?

>> 2. Is their an interface that allows the creation of a virtual directory
>> that points to an existing Public Store?

>> TIA

>> George Chondros
>> 80-20 Software Pty. Ltd.

 
 
 

Creating Full-Text Index on Public Store

Post by Thomas Rizz » Fri, 19 Jan 2001 17:14:36


You need to create a string value called SchemaTextFilePathName and point it
at your textfile.  The SDK was wrong and we corrected this step in the
latest version.  This should work for you now.

--
Looking for a good book on developing using ADSI, Outlook 2000 and Exchange
2000?  Check out:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0735610193/


Quote:> Hi,

> I have a question about the first issue:
> I registered a key

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Search\1.0\ExchangeParameters\SchemaT
extFilePathName"
Quote:> and set the value="c:\program files\exchsrvr\fulltextindexprops.txt"
> as the "Customizing Full-Text Indexing" topic describes in MSDN.
> But it had no effect after I rebuilt the indexes by "Start Full
Population".
> Should I re-create an index file or restart the server to make it work??

> The content in "c:\program files\exchsrvr\fulltextindexprops.txt" is:
> urn:schemas:mailheader:comment
> urn:schemas:mailheader:keywords
> urn:schemas:mailheader:summary

> Thanks in advance.
> Catherine Shen

> On Mon, 6 Nov 2000 09:30:19 +0100, "Kristian And?ker"



> >Hi George

> >Answer to the first question:
> >This can be done through a quite simple operation where the properties
you
> >want to full-text index are written into a text file that is then
referenced
> >from the registry. It is a bit too long a story to go through here, but
the
> >topic "Customizing Full-Text Indexing" in MSDN describes this. Be careful
> >when adding properties though, the size of the index will start
growing... I
> >tried this out on one of the Exchange 2000 betas, but had problems
getting
> >the full-text index updated. With the Released version it should work
fine
> >though.

> >In answer to your second question:
> >The article "Automating Web Site Administration Using IIS" in MSDN
explains
> >this very well. There is an example vbs file (adsutil.vbs) in there that
can
> >perform most common operations on Virtual Directories (creation, setting
> >properties, deletion etc.), and if it can't do what you want the script
is
> >very simple to modify. I have attached the script file in case you can't
> >find it in MSDN (it's a vbs file, so some virus alerts might trigger on
> >this. To ensure it does nothing evil, read all the code in it before you
try
> >it out ;) ).
> >To make sure the Virtual Directory you create points into your Public
Store
> >of choice you have to set its path property to point to the store on the
M:
> >drive. If you want to be able to use WebDAV commands on this Virtual
> >Directory you will also have to make sure it has the same ISAPI filters
> >registered as the standard 'public' Virtual Directory, this can also be
done
> >through ADSI without too much trouble. The easiest way of seeing how you
are
> >supposed to put the ISAPI filter on there is to read the ISAPI filter
> >property of 'public' to get a look at the syntax. It is made up of comma
> >separated stings and can be difficult to get right.

> >/Kristian



> >> 1. Is their an interface to create a Full-Text index on an existing
Public
> >> Store?

> >> 2. Is their an interface that allows the creation of a virtual
directory
> >> that points to an existing Public Store?

> >> TIA

> >> George Chondros
> >> 80-20 Software Pty. Ltd.

 
 
 

Creating Full-Text Index on Public Store

Post by Catherine Sh » Thu, 22 Feb 2001 22:51:07


Thanks a lot, Thomas.

But, you mean to create a string, SchemaTextFilePathName, under the key
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Search\1.0\ExchangeParameters\SchemaT
extFilePathName" or
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Search\1.0\ExchangeParameters"?
And, how do I know if the SDK is the latest version?

Thanks again.
Catherine



>You need to create a string value called SchemaTextFilePathName and point it
>at your textfile.  The SDK was wrong and we corrected this step in the
>latest version.  This should work for you now.

>--
>Looking for a good book on developing using ADSI, Outlook 2000 and Exchange
>2000?  Check out:
>http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0735610193/



>> Hi,

>> I have a question about the first issue:
>> I registered a key

>"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Search\1.0\ExchangeParameters\SchemaT
>extFilePathName"
>> and set the value="c:\program files\exchsrvr\fulltextindexprops.txt"
>> as the "Customizing Full-Text Indexing" topic describes in MSDN.
>> But it had no effect after I rebuilt the indexes by "Start Full
>Population".
>> Should I re-create an index file or restart the server to make it work??

>> The content in "c:\program files\exchsrvr\fulltextindexprops.txt" is:
>> urn:schemas:mailheader:comment
>> urn:schemas:mailheader:keywords
>> urn:schemas:mailheader:summary

>> Thanks in advance.
>> Catherine Shen

>> On Mon, 6 Nov 2000 09:30:19 +0100, "Kristian And?ker"


>> >Hi George

>> >Answer to the first question:
>> >This can be done through a quite simple operation where the properties
>you
>> >want to full-text index are written into a text file that is then
>referenced
>> >from the registry. It is a bit too long a story to go through here, but
>the
>> >topic "Customizing Full-Text Indexing" in MSDN describes this. Be careful
>> >when adding properties though, the size of the index will start
>growing... I
>> >tried this out on one of the Exchange 2000 betas, but had problems
>getting
>> >the full-text index updated. With the Released version it should work
>fine
>> >though.

>> >In answer to your second question:
>> >The article "Automating Web Site Administration Using IIS" in MSDN
>explains
>> >this very well. There is an example vbs file (adsutil.vbs) in there that
>can
>> >perform most common operations on Virtual Directories (creation, setting
>> >properties, deletion etc.), and if it can't do what you want the script
>is
>> >very simple to modify. I have attached the script file in case you can't
>> >find it in MSDN (it's a vbs file, so some virus alerts might trigger on
>> >this. To ensure it does nothing evil, read all the code in it before you
>try
>> >it out ;) ).
>> >To make sure the Virtual Directory you create points into your Public
>Store
>> >of choice you have to set its path property to point to the store on the
>M:
>> >drive. If you want to be able to use WebDAV commands on this Virtual
>> >Directory you will also have to make sure it has the same ISAPI filters
>> >registered as the standard 'public' Virtual Directory, this can also be
>done
>> >through ADSI without too much trouble. The easiest way of seeing how you
>are
>> >supposed to put the ISAPI filter on there is to read the ISAPI filter
>> >property of 'public' to get a look at the syntax. It is made up of comma
>> >separated stings and can be difficult to get right.

>> >/Kristian



>> >> 1. Is their an interface to create a Full-Text index on an existing
>Public
>> >> Store?

>> >> 2. Is their an interface that allows the creation of a virtual
>directory
>> >> that points to an existing Public Store?

>> >> TIA

>> >> George Chondros
>> >> 80-20 Software Pty. Ltd.

 
 
 

1. Error 80010108 creating full-text index

Hi,

I have a pilot Exchange server, on which I thought I might try setting up
full-text indexing, as it's quiet overnight. However, when I right-click the
store and select "Create full-text index", I get the error "The object
invoked has disconnected from its clients, error 80010108". I've looked in
TechNet, but there's no mention of this with Exchange. Any ideas?

2. Unable To Render This View

3. Exchange 2000 Create Full Text Index Error

4. Help required - fast!!!

5. Create full-text index programmatically

6. Can't delete from Web Access

7. Pleaze help I can't get full text indexing to index Contact Items

8. Help with Exchange Attributes

9. full text indexing or property indexing

10. Full text indexing

11. Full text indexing of PDF files in Exchange 2000

12. Need help about full-text indexing

13. What can you do with full text indexing ???