problems with free-busy-status and cdo.addresse

problems with free-busy-status and cdo.addresse

Post by Markus L?ke » Tue, 08 Jan 2002 18:42:01



Hello,

I try to render the free-busy-information about a user on a web-page and
started with the sample-application
on the msdn-website:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/wss/...
o_checking_free_busy_status.asp

the name of the domain is MYDOMAIN.DE
the name of the Exchange-server is MAIL ->fqdn: mail.mydomain.de
the name of the DC is DOMAIN ->fqdn: domain.mydomain.de

the Exchange-Server is only a Member-Server

the problem appears in the line with the command "iAddr.CheckName("LDAP://
...")"

when I use the name of the Exchange-Server in this line, i get the Error-No
"8007203a server not running"
when i use the name of the domain-controller or just the domain-name, I get
an "unknown error"

The user-rights on this sample-page are set correct.

which server do I have to query in this command?
Is something else missing or wrong?

Can somebody help my?

best regards

Markus L?ken

 
 
 

problems with free-busy-status and cdo.addresse

Post by Siegfried Weber [MVP » Thu, 10 Jan 2002 04:29:06



> the problem appears in the line with the command "iAddr.CheckName("LDAP://
> ...")"

> when I use the name of the Exchange-Server in this line, i get the
Error-No
> "8007203a server not running"
> when i use the name of the domain-controller or just the domain-name, I
get
> an "unknown error"

Try something like that:

Set objInfo = CreateObject("ADSystemInfo")
Set objAddressee = CreateObject("CDO.Addressee")

 strDNSDomainName = LCase(objInfo.DomainDNSName)
 strLDAPPath = "LDAP://" & strDNSDomainName
 objAddressee.DisplayName = strEMailAddress
 Err.Clear
 objAddressee.CheckName strLDAPPath
 If objAddressee.ResolvedStatus = 1 Then

Quote:> which server do I have to query in this command?

Since LDAP works only against a Windows 2000 Domain controller you can't use
it against an Exchange 2000 server (if it is not a DC of course).

--
<Siegfried />

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) - Exchange Server
Co-author of "Professional CDO Programming", Wrox Press 1999

CDOLive - The Premier Resource for Microsoft Messaging and Collaboration
Application Technology
http://www.cdolive.com

Please reply to the newsgroups so that others can benefit from the
discussion.
Questions by e-mail are discarded without further notice.

 
 
 

problems with free-busy-status and cdo.addresse

Post by Markus L?ke » Thu, 10 Jan 2002 18:02:27




> Set objInfo = CreateObject("ADSystemInfo")
> Set objAddressee = CreateObject("CDO.Addressee")

>  strDNSDomainName = LCase(objInfo.DomainDNSName)
>  strLDAPPath = "LDAP://" & strDNSDomainName
>  objAddressee.DisplayName = strEMailAddress
>  Err.Clear
>  objAddressee.CheckName strLDAPPath
>  If objAddressee.ResolvedStatus = 1 Then

> > which server do I have to query in this command?

> Since LDAP works only against a Windows 2000 Domain controller you can't
use
> it against an Exchange 2000 server (if it is not a DC of course).

The result of this code is a 'CDO.Addressee.1- error '80005000' at
'objAdressee.CheckName...'
The KB-results of error 80005000 have something to do with an 'invalid
adsi-Pathname during installation'

But the E2k and the DC are working correct. (Except some trouble with sp2
and outlook-custom forms)

Do you hav any ideas? Thanks in advance.

best regards
Markus L?ken

 
 
 

problems with free-busy-status and cdo.addresse

Post by Siegfried Weber [MVP » Thu, 10 Jan 2002 18:16:18



> The result of this code is a 'CDO.Addressee.1- error '80005000' at
> 'objAdressee.CheckName...'
> The KB-results of error 80005000 have something to do with an 'invalid
> adsi-Pathname during installation'

I can use this code even on a Windows XP Professional machine (with Exchange
2000 System Management tools installed). Check
http://www.cdolive.net/download/adusermanagement.zip for a bunch of WSH
scripts which might be helpful and test if they work in your environment.
One is using CDO.Addressee to lookup a user using the SMTP mail address in
Active Directory.

--
<Siegfried />

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) - Exchange Server
Co-author of "Professional CDO Programming", Wrox Press 1999

CDOLive - The Premier Resource for Microsoft Messaging and Collaboration
Application Technology
http://www.cdolive.com

Please reply to the newsgroups so that others can benefit from the
discussion.
Questions by e-mail are discarded without further notice.

 
 
 

problems with free-busy-status and cdo.addresse

Post by Markus L?ke » Thu, 10 Jan 2002 21:31:45



use this code even on a Windows XP Professional machine (with Exchange

Quote:> 2000 System Management tools installed). Check
> http://www.cdolive.net/download/adusermanagement.zip for a bunch of WSH
> scripts which might be helpful and test if they work in your environment.
> One is using CDO.Addressee to lookup a user using the SMTP mail address in
> Active Directory.

I havejust modified your script to a wsh-script and runs without errors, so
it has to be a problem with the security-context.
Anonymous access is unchecked and the Servervariable LOGON_USER shows the
correct user (DOMAIN\user)

Any Ideas?

Best regards
Markus L?ken

 
 
 

problems with free-busy-status and cdo.addresse

Post by Siegfried Weber [MVP » Fri, 11 Jan 2002 09:40:04



> I havejust modified your script to a wsh-script and runs without errors,
so
> it has to be a problem with the security-context.

Probably. Did you run it locally as a user or administrator on the machine
which is intended to host your ASP application?

Quote:> Anonymous access is unchecked and the Servervariable LOGON_USER shows the
> correct user (DOMAIN\user)

What error exactly do you get? Still "unknown error" or a different one?

--
<Siegfried />

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) - Exchange Server
Co-author of "Professional CDO Programming", Wrox Press 1999

CDOLive - The Premier Resource for Microsoft Messaging and Collaboration
Application Technology
http://www.cdolive.com

Please reply to the newsgroups so that others can benefit from the
discussion.
Questions by e-mail are discarded without further notice.

 
 
 

problems with free-busy-status and cdo.addresse

Post by Markus L?ke » Fri, 11 Jan 2002 17:23:42





> > I havejust modified your script to a wsh-script and runs without errors,
> so
> > it has to be a problem with the security-context.

> Probably. Did you run it locally as a user or administrator on the machine
> which is intended to host your ASP application?

Both: I ran it as Domainadmin: as WSH the script works fine, as ASP it
fails, user is in both cases DOMAIN\Administrator
The script runs in both cases on the exchange-server, in the first case on
Console, in the second under IIS (of course)

Quote:> > Anonymous access is unchecked and the Servervariable LOGON_USER shows
the
> > correct user (DOMAIN\user)

> What error exactly do you get? Still "unknown error" or a different one?

Yes, still 'CDO.Addressee 80005000 unknown error'

Thanks

Markus L?ken

 
 
 

1. Problem: User's Free/Busy Status not published

Fellow Administrators,

One of my Outlook client user's free/busy status information show up as
blank when another user attempts to invite them to a meeting.  This
happened after a technician worked on their workstation.  I have not
been able to track down the technician but must resolve the problem for
this user.

I have verified that the user's calendar options are the default
settings (i.e. publish 3-months out and display unavailable time as
"busy").

Also, I have done several other things such as check for "stuck"
registry enties, create a new profile and use the command line options
to delete the Schedule+ info and clean/recreate the freebusy info).

Problem still persists.  Any ideas?  I am trying to avoid having to
create a new mailbox for this user and importing an additional instance
of their messages to my (already) 10GB PRIV.EDB.  Also, I think that
having to run EDBUTIL is an overkill but will use as a last resort.

Thanks for your advise.

--Bruce

2. Exchange 5 SP1 Remote admin probs. (Not werking)

3. Free / Busy Exchange ( SEND / RECIEVE Free/Busy Information ) problems

4. importing multiple SMTP addresses

5. CDO: Calendar filtering problems - free/busy and start/end date

6. Managing Exchange form w95/98

7. Lost my Free/Busy database (Schedule+ Free and Busy public folder)

8. Upgrading hardware on Exchange 2000 server

9. Getting Free Busy Time via CDO or another reference

10. CDO scheduling doesn't update free/busy info

11. free/busy interrogation with CDO /ASP

12. CDO.dll has 2 month Free/Busy limitation?

13. event sink (vb6-cdo) nut updating free/busy correctly