Accessing custom fields to insert into database

Accessing custom fields to insert into database

Post by Davi » Wed, 25 Dec 2002 06:52:21

I am having problems gathering the information from each
and every one of the custom fields created on each of the
Outlook custom forms on a public folder.  I trying to do
this from VB.NET (can use VB6 if easier) and need to
insert the information into a SQLServer.  I have been
trying ADO and CDO, but have not been able to get past the
folder level (i.e. I can see everything I want about the
folder, but have trouble reading the items in the folder,
let alone the custom fields. I am on a remote machine
(Outlook installed, but not Exchange).

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

David

Accessing custom fields to insert into database

Post by David Szab » Sat, 28 Dec 2002 21:23:18

Hello,

Which fields do you want to copy to SQL Server? Have you tried the SELECT
statement with WebDav?

David

Quote:> I am having problems gathering the information from each
> and every one of the custom fields created on each of the
> Outlook custom forms on a public folder.  I trying to do
> this from VB.NET (can use VB6 if easier) and need to
> insert the information into a SQLServer.  I have been
> trying ADO and CDO, but have not been able to get past the
> folder level (i.e. I can see everything I want about the
> folder, but have trouble reading the items in the folder,
> let alone the custom fields. I am on a remote machine
> (Outlook installed, but not Exchange).

> Any suggestions would be appreciated.

> Thanks,

> David

1. Custom Fields in Exchange or VBA and SQL Server Database

You could validate the data by keeping the combo box unbound and using its
Click event and the Item_Write event.

Performance depends on many things, including the number of views. I have a
good MSKB article listed on my http://www.slipstick.com/admin.htm page.
--
Sue Mosher
Author of

2. Outlook Web Access - Sent Items Features

3. Can't read my messages on another computer

4. Accessing Custom fields in a folder from CDO

5. Attachment blocking Exchange 5.5/Outlook 2000 SP1

6. Accessing custom recipient fields in the GAL using CDO

7. Distribution List Question

8. Access inport/export of custom fields

9. How can I access custom field in outlook 2000

10. save data from user defined fields to an access database

11. Accessing Custom Fields from Outlook form

12. Accessing Exchange Server Custom Fields in Outlook