ADO library corruption

Post by Devesh Aggarwa » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 20:03:17

Is there any way to find out whether the ADO.Net library installed on the
Deployment PC is working fine. I am developing a workflow application using
Exchange server. I have defined some custom properties to folder in exchange
WSS. I am able to access them using exchange explorer. But when i try to
access the same value using ADO.net functions (e.g. WorkflowSession.Fields)
it returns no value. The same functions are working fine on the developemnt
PC.

I feel the ADO.net library is not working properly. Is there a way to find
out?

Devesh Aggarwal

ADO library corruption

Post by Siegfried Weber [MVP » Sat, 12 Jul 2003 13:47:23

I believe your problem is a result of the fact that there is no ADO.NET
provider to access Exchange. There is an Exchagne OLEDB provider which works
only with classic ADO and the Internet Publishing Provider (MSDAIPP.DSO)
which also is only with classic ADO supported.

--
<Cheers:Siegfried runat="server" />

Development Lead,

CDOLive LLC - The Microsoft Messaging and Collaboration Application Experts
http://www.cdolive.com

This information is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights.
You assume all risk for your use. ? 2003 CDOLive LLC. All rights reserved.
Sample code subject to http://www.cdolive.com/disclaim.htm

> Is there any way to find out whether the ADO.Net library installed on the
> Deployment PC is working fine. I am developing a workflow application
using
> Exchange server. I have defined some custom properties to folder in
exchange
> WSS. I am able to access them using exchange explorer. But when i try to
> access the same value using ADO.net functions (e.g.

WorkflowSession.Fields)
Quote:> it returns no value. The same functions are working fine on the
developemnt
> PC.

> I feel the ADO.net library is not working properly. Is there a way to find
> out?

> Devesh Aggarwal

ADO library corruption

Post by Devesh Aggarwa » Sat, 12 Jul 2003 15:30:52

I made a mistake in my earlier message. It is not ADO.Net but ADODB function

Devesh

> I believe your problem is a result of the fact that there is no ADO.NET
> provider to access Exchange. There is an Exchagne OLEDB provider which
works
> only with classic ADO and the Internet Publishing Provider (MSDAIPP.DSO)
> which also is only with classic ADO supported.

> --
> <Cheers:Siegfried runat="server" />

> Development Lead,

> CDOLive LLC - The Microsoft Messaging and Collaboration Application
Experts
> http://www.cdolive.com

> This information is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
> rights.
> You assume all risk for your use. ? 2003 CDOLive LLC. All rights reserved.
> Sample code subject to http://www.cdolive.com/disclaim.htm

> > Is there any way to find out whether the ADO.Net library installed on
the
> > Deployment PC is working fine. I am developing a workflow application
> using
> > Exchange server. I have defined some custom properties to folder in
> exchange
> > WSS. I am able to access them using exchange explorer. But when i try to
> > access the same value using ADO.net functions (e.g.
> WorkflowSession.Fields)
> > it returns no value. The same functions are working fine on the
> developemnt
> > PC.

> > I feel the ADO.net library is not working properly. Is there a way to
find
> > out?

> > Devesh Aggarwal

ADO library corruption

Post by Siegfried Weber [MVP » Tue, 15 Jul 2003 23:51:09

What classic ADO version are you running on this computer? Can you make sure
the account used to run the workflow has proper access to the data? Can you
access any other field in the Workflowsession.Fields collection? What state
is the workflow in when you are trying to access the field? Might be too
early to get your hands on the data.

--
<Cheers:Siegfried runat="server" />

Development Lead,

CDOLive LLC - The Microsoft Messaging and Collaboration Application Experts
http://www.cdolive.com

This information is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights.
You assume all risk for your use. ? 2003 CDOLive LLC. All rights reserved.
Sample code subject to http://www.cdolive.com/disclaim.htm

> I made a mistake in my earlier message. It is not ADO.Net but ADODB
function

> Devesh

>> I believe your problem is a result of the fact that there is no ADO.NET
>> provider to access Exchange. There is an Exchagne OLEDB provider which
works
>> only with classic ADO and the Internet Publishing Provider (MSDAIPP.DSO)
>> which also is only with classic ADO supported.

>> --
>> <Cheers:Siegfried runat="server" />

>> Development Lead,

>> CDOLive LLC - The Microsoft Messaging and Collaboration Application
Experts
>> http://www.cdolive.com

>> This information is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
>> rights.
>> You assume all risk for your use. ? 2003 CDOLive LLC. All rights
reserved.
>> Sample code subject to http://www.cdolive.com/disclaim.htm

>>> Is there any way to find out whether the ADO.Net library installed on
the
>>> Deployment PC is working fine. I am developing a workflow application
using
>>> Exchange server. I have defined some custom properties to folder in
exchange
>>> WSS. I am able to access them using exchange explorer. But when i try to
>>> access the same value using ADO.net functions (e.g.

WorkflowSession.Fields)

Quote:>>> it returns no value. The same functions are working fine on the
developemnt
>>> PC.

>>> I feel the ADO.net library is not working properly. Is there a way to
find
>>> out?

>>> Devesh Aggarwal

1. ADO library corruption

Is there any way to find out whether the ADO.Net library installed on the
Deployment PC is working fine. I am developing a workflow application using
Exchange server. I have defined some custom properties to folder in exchange
WSS. I am able to access them using exchange explorer. But when i try to
access the same value using ADO.net functions (e.g. WorkflowSession.Fields)
it returns no value. The same functions are working fine on the developemnt
PC.

I feel the ADO.net library is not working properly. Is there a way to find
out?

Devesh Aggarwal

2. Public folder - search function

3. Database Corruption

4. OWA HTTP 404 page cannot be found error

5. Corruption - Norton and Exchange - BAD NEWS

6. Doh - sending internet mail from OL 2000 on offline portable

7. GAL / GC corruption - duplicate entries

8. DB admin and outlook customizing

9. How to create corruption in a store?

10. FULL-TEXT Catalog corruption

11. IS Event - Corruption in Rich Text Format

12. Recipient Update Service issue - Corruption

13. E2K EDB file corruption, cannot mount file stores