Asynchronous binding is not supported

Post by alex » Sun, 15 Apr 2001 03:39:49

When I try to create an appointment using CDO objects I get the following error:
"Asynchronous binding is not supported by this provider" error# -2147217771.

Here is my code:

AppointmentPtr pAppointment= NULL;
HRESULT hr = pAppointment.CreateInstance(__uuidof(Appointment));
if(FAILED(hr)) _com_issue_error(hr);

DataSourcePtr pDataSource = pAppointment->GetDataSource();

hr = pDataSource->SaveToContainer(bstrURL, NULL, adModeReadWrite,
adCreateNonCollection, adOpenRecordUnspecified, _bstr_t(""), _bstr_t(""));

The same error happens if I pass existing active connection instead of NULL;

Could anybody help?
Thanks
Alex

Asynchronous binding is not supported

Post by Jeff Wierer [MS » Sun, 15 Apr 2001 04:36:25

What provider are you using?

When I try to create an appointment using CDO objects I get the following
error:
"Asynchronous binding is not supported by this provider" error# -2147217771.

Here is my code:

AppointmentPtr pAppointment= NULL;
HRESULT hr = pAppointment.CreateInstance(__uuidof(Appointment));
if(FAILED(hr)) _com_issue_error(hr);

DataSourcePtr pDataSource = pAppointment->GetDataSource();

hr = pDataSource->SaveToContainer(bstrURL, NULL, adModeReadWrite,
adCreateNonCollection, adOpenRecordUnspecified, _bstr_t(""), _bstr_t(""));

The same error happens if I pass existing active connection instead of NULL;

Could anybody help?
Thanks
Alex

1. Binding to URLs on remote machines is not supported

Hello,
this error occurs, when trying to read public folders (contacts) on
our exchange server. (ASP.NET, VB.NET)
The ASPX is running on a second exchange server machine. I don't want
to replicate all public folders only to read it. I don't want to
install the framework or any application on the (main) exchange server
either.

Is there anyone with a good idea?

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards

Martin Michna
Revell Germany

2. OWA translates messages with foreign language browsers

3. uninstall exchange 2000

4. Asynchronous event not firing

5. Administering Exchange

6. In-bound and out-bound mail errors

7. Upgrade Exchange 5.0 site to Exchange 2000

8. NNTP setup, different in-bound and out-bound servers

9. Asynchronous Categorizer::ExpandItem Replace Content Problems

10. HELP !! MSExchangeIS ((224) ) Asynchronous read page time error

11. HELP!!!!MSExchangeIS ((224) ) Asynchronous read page time error

12. Exchange 2000 Asynchronous Event handling