Creating an E2K Mailbox using CDOEXM

Post by Srinivasul » Sun, 26 Jan 2003 00:55:01

Hello All
  I am trying to create a mailbox in Exchange 2000 using CDOEXM libraries.

 Can anyone tell me what exactly does CDOEXM does if I call
 IMailBoxStore.CreateMailbox with mailbox store path as parameter.?

 I could create a mail box by setting the mailalias and homeMDB properties
of a user object in
 Active Directory.

 But when I use CDOEXM,  I get an error message 'Server is not
operational'..MSDN says
 the network internal DNS server has to point to itself...I am confused with
the working
 of CDOEXM..as I the mailbox is getting created in the first case and if I
use CDOEXM
 I need to change the network DNS settings...

 It will be great full if anyone can explain what exactly does the MMC does
when we create a mailbox
 using AD snap in ..i.e does it sets some properties like homeMDB and
mailAlias and lets the RUS to
 create the mailbox...what what does CDOEXM does...will it also does the
same as MMC or will
 it creates a mailbox in Exchange server.

Any response would be of great help.
Thanks in advance
Srinu.

Creating an E2K Mailbox using CDOEXM

Post by Andy Web » Wed, 12 Feb 2003 15:51:46

use a serverless URL for the createMailbox call.

There are examples of this in MSDN and the Exchange SDK.

Andy

Quote:> Hello All