Creating Mailboxes CDOEXM Question ...

Post by wrk » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 05:33:13

Hi,

I want to create mailbox enabled users via ASP but the web server does not
have the Exchange System Management tools installed.

Is there any way to get around this problem?

Creating Mailboxes CDOEXM Question ...

Post by Marc Nivens [MSFT » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 17:43:58

Try copying cdoexm.dll from an Exchange server and registering it on the web
server.

--
Marc Nivens
Enterprise Messaging Support

Quote:> Hi,

> I want to create mailbox enabled users via ASP but the web server does not
> have the Exchange System Management tools installed.

> Is there any way to get around this problem?

Creating Mailboxes CDOEXM Question ...

Post by wrk » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 21:29:56

Hi Marc,

I refer to the post below which seems to suggest I shouldn't copy the
CDOEXM.DLL file. Is this correct?

            Message 2 in thread

      Subject: Re: Create Mailbox with VBS

            View this article only
      Newsgroups: microsoft.public.exchange2000.development
      Date: 2002-04-13 15:42:42 PST

> I have found scripts that use CDOEXM and ADSI, but I cannot get this work.
> It keeps erroring that the CDOEXM object doesn't exist or that
> GetInterface("IMailbox")  does not work.

Leads me into the direction that CDOEXM is not installed on that machine.

Quote:> The dll is on the machine and
> registered and I am creating the object as the example shows.

You do know that just copying a DLL and register it is neither legal nor
does it work, don't you? The only supported way to get this working (and it
works here on several non-Exchange 2000 Server machines) is to install the
Exchange System Management components and apply Exchange 2000 SP2. I believe
that because you didn't do it that way your code will always fail, but there
might be other reasons (like permissions problems).

Quote:>  I have enven
> tried a script from CDOLIVE and it will not even doe the .setinfo while
> trying to create the user.

That's very sad. I've written them and they worked in any case. Sounds like
you are hitting a permission issue or the machine in question is screwed up.

Quote:> Does anyone have a working script that creates a mailbox (not a mail
enabled
> user) I could test or modify?

Well, as I mentioned. The scripts on
http://www.cdolive.net/download/adusermanagement.zip work pretty well on
several machines and even for other people.

--
<Siegfried />

Development Lead,

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) - Exchange Server
Co-author of "Professional CDO Programming", Wrox Press 1999

CDOLive LLC - The Microsoft Messaging and Collaboration Application Experts
http://www.cdolive.com

Please reply to the newsgroups so that others can benefit from the
discussion.
Questions by e-mail are discarded without further notice."Marc Nivens

> Try copying cdoexm.dll from an Exchange server and registering it on the
web
> server.

> --
> Marc Nivens
> Enterprise Messaging Support

rights.

> > Hi,

> > I want to create mailbox enabled users via ASP but the web server does
not
> > have the Exchange System Management tools installed.

> > Is there any way to get around this problem?

Creating Mailboxes CDOEXM Question ...

Post by Siegfried Weber [MVP » Sat, 12 Jul 2003 13:43:55

I would love to hear an official statement too. Last time I asked I got told
that we are not allowed to copy CDOEXM.DLL. Has this policy been changed? Is
a MSKB in the pipe to document this?

--
<Cheers:Siegfried runat="server" />

Development Lead,

CDOLive LLC - The Microsoft Messaging and Collaboration Application Experts
http://www.cdolive.com

This information is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights.
You assume all risk for your use. ? 2003 CDOLive LLC. All rights reserved.
Sample code subject to http://www.cdolive.com/disclaim.htm