Mail Client For MS Exchange

Post by Sujith Manue » Wed, 16 Jul 2003 14:31:29

Hi All,
               Is it possible to develop a Standalone Mail client for MS
Exchange. If possible where will i get the details regarding that.

Thanks in advance,

Sujith Manuel...

Mail Client For MS Exchange

Post by Sven Carstense » Thu, 17 Jul 2003 03:01:45

Hi Sujith,

Quote:> Hi All,
>                Is it possible to develop a Standalone Mail client for MS
> Exchange. If possible where will i get the details regarding that.

Depending on the Server-Version you have several API's to choose from: MAPI,
IMAP, SMTP, POP3, WebDAV.

MAPI is the one used by Outlook - works with Ex5.5, Ex2000/2003.
IMAP & WebDAV will work with Ex2000/2003
POP3 & SMPT work with Ex2000/2003 - I think you can configure these with
Ex5.5, too
HTTP

MAPI is explained in the MSDN - which you could browse online if you don't
have a local copy: msdn.microsoft.com. Same for WebDAV with Ex2000/2003

The other API's documentation should be available somewhere in the web - I
never looked that up as I didn't use them, except from a little SMTP which
was also described in the MSDN.

HTH,
Sven

1. Forward mail from Exchange client to MS Mail 3.2 client

The problem is the following :

When I forward multiple messages at once from the Win 95 Exchange Inbox
to an MS Mail 3.2 Client (Wfw 3.11), I get the following incoming
message in the MS Mail 3.2 Client :

<< MAPI 1.0 embedded message : 2086 in WINMAIL.DAT >><< MAPI 1.0
embedded message : 2087 in WINMAIL.DAT >>

The text itself is not received.
I don't have this problem when I forward the mails one by one.

A solution please,...

Xavier Vercoutere

2. Changing the default time for Exceeding Storage Limit Warning on Exchange 5.5

3. Port problem

4. Macintosh client migration (MS Mail PAL->MS Exchange PAB)

5. Authorising Internet Mail

6. MS Mail client can't reply to Exchange client

7. NewsGroup Access

8. 16 bit client for Exchange, MS Mail, and Internet Mail

9. MS Mail3.5 Server and Exchange 4 Client to Exchange Client 5 and Server 5 Migration

10. Mail to MS Exchange/MS mail

11. Sending SMTP Mail with MS Mail client

12. MS Proxy Client causes MS Exchange to Fail