folder properties vs message properties ????

folder properties vs message properties ????

Post by code alerte » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 00:17:31

Hi, I wish to find some data pertaining to a folder as
opposed to a message. Is it possible using CDO 1.2.1 to
retrieve this information with such tags as
PR_CREATOR_NAME
PR_LAST ACCESS_TIME

again this is just for the folder and not the message.
Also is there a way to retrive the owners email address
using similar tags?  Thanks in advance.

folder properties vs message properties ????

Post by Siegfried Weber [MVP » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 09:11:12

AFAIK a folder doesn't contain those properties. Only items do have them.

The folder owner is stored in the ACL (Access Control List), hence you need
to retreive that ACL, drill down into each ACE (Access Control Entry), read
if it is a folder owner and if so locate it in Windows Active Directory.

--
<Cheers:Siegfried runat="server" />

Development Lead,

CDOLive LLC - The Microsoft Messaging and Collaboration Application Experts
http://www.cdolive.com

This information is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights.
You assume all risk for your use. ? 2003 CDOLive LLC. All rights reserved.
Sample code subject to http://www.cdolive.com/disclaim.htm

> Hi, I wish to find some data pertaining to a folder as
> opposed to a message. Is it possible using CDO 1.2.1 to
> retrieve this information with such tags as
> PR_CREATOR_NAME
> PR_LAST ACCESS_TIME

> again this is just for the folder and not the message.
> Also is there a way to retrive the owners email address
> using similar tags?  Thanks in advance.

folder properties vs message properties ????

Post by code alte » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 01:47:48

whoa!!! how is this supposed to be done?
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>AFAIK a folder doesn't contain those properties. Only
items do have them.

>The folder owner is stored in the ACL (Access Control

List), hence you need
Quote:>to retreive that ACL, drill down into each ACE (Access

Control Entry), read
>if it is a folder owner and if so locate it in Windows
Active Directory.

>--
><Cheers:Siegfried runat="server" />

>Development Lead,

>CDOLive LLC - The Microsoft Messaging and Collaboration
Application Experts
>http://www.cdolive.com

>This information is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,
and confers no
>rights.
>You assume all risk for your use. ? 2003 CDOLive LLC. All
rights reserved.
>Sample code subject to http://www.cdolive.com/disclaim.htm

message:

#1 Using code similar to that included in the XML Security module of the
Exchange 2000/2003 SDK
#2 Use the ACL COM component in cunjunction with CDO 1.21

--
<Cheers:Siegfried runat="server" />

Development Lead,

CDOLive LLC - The Microsoft Messaging and Collaboration Application Experts
http://www.cdolive.com

This information is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights.
You assume all risk for your use. ? 2003 CDOLive LLC. All rights reserved.
Sample code subject to http://www.cdolive.com/disclaim.htm

> whoa!!! how is this supposed to be done?

1. Folder properties vs message properties ???

Hi, I wish to find some data pertaining to a folder as
opposed to a message. Is it possible using CDO 1.2.1 to
retrieve this information with such tags as
PR_CREATOR_NAME
PR_LAST ACCESS_TIME

again this is just for the folder and not the message.
Also is there a way to retrive the owners email address
using similar tags?  Thanks in advance.

2. body type not supported by remote host

3. Migrating to XCHGE from cc:MAIL = HELP!

4. Updating Mailbox properties and Custom Properties Programmitacally

5. NDR

6. Exchange / Mailbox properties missing from Active Direcotry user properties

7. detecting exchange 2000 server

8. Updating Mailbox properties and Custom Properties Programmitacally

9. Programmaticaly adding property pages to Exchange System Manager's SMTP Virtual Server Property Sheet

10. word custom property with exchange property