WebDav MKCOL

Post by Matt » Fri, 18 Jul 2003 13:34:08

Is it possible to create an exchange search folder that the user cannot
delete?
I realize i could make it DAV:IsHidden, but i want them to be able to see
it, just not delete it.

Thanks,
Matt

WebDav MKCOL

Post by Tom Rizzo [MSFT » Mon, 21 Jul 2003 12:00:51

You could set the permissions on the folder so that users can only read from
the folder.  Check out the security module in the Exchange SDK.

Tom

--
Looking for a good book on programming Exchange, Outlook, ADSI and
SharePoint?  Check out http://www.microsoft.com/MSPress/books/5517.asp

Quote:> Is it possible to create an exchange search folder that the user cannot
> delete?
> I realize i could make it DAV:IsHidden, but i want them to be able to see
> it, just not delete it.

> Thanks,
> Matt

1. Webdav: MKCOL works, but returns 405

Hi All,

every time I try to make a folder using webdav with the following lines
of code:

        HTTPReq.open("MKCOL", newFolderURL, False)
        HTTPReq.send("")
        Console.WriteLine(HTTPReq.status)

the last line returns a 405 error message (Method Not Allowed) - but the
method is working - the folder is created using the code. Strange :-(.
Does anyone have an idea, how to get a "correct" message?

Thanks in advance!

Holger

2. custom signature, server based ?!

3. IE6 WebDAV MKCOL problems

4. Calendaring agent failed to update the free/busy cache

5. OnSave sink for folders created via WebDAV MKCOL

6. How can I log the access on a public folder ?

7. How to create a calendar collection in exchange 2000 using webdav query / MKCOL command

8. Mac will recieve but not send

9. WebDAV Transactions and MKCOL

10. WEBDavs MKCOL with Request-Body doesnt work

11. XMLHTTP MKCOL with searchrequest

12. Need Help with WebDav Query to Return Organizer

13. Depth Header in WebDav