runtime error in an event sink calling a Component runnig in debug mode

runtime error in an event sink calling a Component runnig in debug mode

Post by Torsten Wil » Fri, 01 Feb 2002 22:09:00

Hey to all,

I have written an event sink for an Exchange folder, which calls an self
written Component,
which is runnig under the MTS. Runs the Component in compiled Mode
everything is fine.
Runs the Component in Debug Mode under VB6 a runtime error occurs in the
event sink.

"runtime error in MS VBScript: Access denied: "CreateObject" is unhandled"

There is a similar problem when debugging Components under COM+ on W2K,
which were called from an ASP.

"Server object, ASP 0178 (0x800A0005) The call to Server.CreateObject failed
while
checking permissions. Access is denied to this object."

That one can be fixed with some registry entries and changing permissions in
the
Distributed COM Configuration.

If there is a similar or any other solution please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Torsten

1. Event sink not called for folder events

I have a synchronous event sink that's behaving differenly on my test server
compared to production. In my test environment it would get notified for
events concerning new items, and also for events concerning folders. On my
production server, though, no folder events come through (so when someone
moves a folder, for example, I don't get called).

I'm registered for onsyncsave;onsyncdelete with DEEP scope with no filter.

Has anyone ever encountered this?

2. Global View

3. How to debug a COM+ Event Sync component

4. MS Exchange 4 & Multiple Mail Boxes

5. Debugging C++ event sinks

6. Problems sending mail

7. Properly debug an Exchange 2000 event sink using VS6

8. DNS & ETRN dequeue

9. debugging event sink in VC++

10. Event Sink VB debugging

11. remote debugging of event sink

12. debugging event sinks

13. how work flow event sink appears in component service