FYI, WebDAV from AIX

Post by Robert Swoffor » Fri, 06 Jun 2003 22:37:30

I was trying to create a recurring event using WebDAV. I used the PROPPATCH
to create the event and then did a SEARCH to get Exchange to Expand the
occurrences so that I can then modify one occurrence.

This worked under Windows but not AIX. It appeared that the event did not
get created correctly when running from AIX even though I was using the same
XML.

The problem was that in AIX, the line breaks are only linefeeds(LF) so the
multiline values in the xml, such as the timezone information, contained LFs
instead of CRLFs.

Solution: I explicitly converted all LFs to CRLFs in the xml property values
before sending it to Exchange. Now this works from both Windows and AIX.

1. WebDAV calendar app from AIX

I am running a Java program in AIX doing WebDAV/http/xml to an Exchange 2000
server. The program creates a recurring event in the calendar.

If I run this app from Windows, everything looks, appears, and works fine.
Doing a Search on the Calendar with a time spread causes Exchange to expand
out the recurrances so that when I query to an occurrence, I can find it and
modify the occurrence if necessary.

However, if I run the same app with the same exact data from AIX something
is wrong. The event appears ok in Outlook but Outlook Web Access does not
display the event (it did for the Windows event). When I do a search to get
the occurrences expanded (the same search as in Windows) Exchange doesn't
expand the occurrences.

Is Exchange WebDAV support, source agnostic? Shouldn't it act the same
whether I'm sending a request from Windows, AIX, Linux, Solaris, or
wherever?

One thing I thought about is the AIX is big ndian and wondered if that has a
role in this. Do the name spaces in the xml have to be different? I'm using
some. I'm using some named properties with names spaces specified as
xmlns:t="http://schemas.microsoft.com/mapi/id/{00062008-0000-0000-C000-00000
0000046}/".

Thanks.

2. Exchange Alias Length Limit?

3. Email from an AIX box

4. How can receveid a field created whit CDO.Message in Inbox

5. Migration from AIX - Netscape Messaging Server 3.6 to Exchange Server 5.5

6. Resolving abbreviated names existing in the global list.

7. AIX to relay its mails through Exchange

8. SPAM with email address using <>

9. Intergrating AIX 4.x Sendmail with Exchange

10. AIX-Sendmail, ISO8859-1, MS Exchange and "=F8"-characters

11. Using Netscape 4.7 on an IBM AIX RS600 with Exchange server

12. Integrating AIX and Solaris Clients to Exchange

13. Migration from AIX - Netscape Messaging Server 3.6 to Exchange Server 5.5