access contacts in a mailbox by adsi and ldap

access contacts in a mailbox by adsi and ldap

Post by Torsten Wil » Wed, 20 Feb 2002 19:14:50

Hello newsgroup,

in my application i can access the user's mailbox via adsi and ldap
using the following path:

LDAP://testexchange/cn=TestS,cn=Recipients,ou=DOMAIN,o=Firma

But how can I access contacts in the contact folder of the user's mailbox???

By the way I'm still running exchange server 5.5

Thanks for any solutions or links to solutions

Kind Regards

Torsten

Post by Siegfried Weber [MVP » Mon, 25 Feb 2002 09:05:04

> in my application i can access the user's mailbox via adsi and ldap
> using the following path:

> LDAP://testexchange/cn=TestS,cn=Recipients,ou=DOMAIN,o=Firma

> But how can I access contacts in the contact folder of the user's

mailbox???

You can't. ADSI can only access data stored in a directory, like the
Exchange 5.5 directory or Windows 2000 Active Directory. Data stored in a
mailbox needs to be accessed with CDO 1.21, CDOEX (CDO for Exchange 2000),
ADO, XML & WebDAV. Note that only CDO 1.21 works with Exchange 5.5 and 2000.

Quote:> By the way I'm still running exchange server 5.5

In this case you're asking at the wrong place. But then, you got your
answer.

--
<Siegfried />

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) - Exchange Server
Co-author of "Professional CDO Programming", Wrox Press 1999

CDOLive - The Premier Resource for Microsoft Messaging and Collaboration
Application Technology
http://www.cdolive.com

Please reply to the newsgroups so that others can benefit from the
discussion.
Questions by e-mail are discarded without further notice.

1. LDAP/ADSI access to Exchange 5.5 public folder information

I have been using DAPI to access the Public Folder information(not messages,
but display name, etc).
We are moving to ADSI/LDAP so it works with Exchange 2K.
I cannot find any of the public folder information in our 5.5 org with an
ADSI browser.

WHere can I find some information on this?

Thanks

2. SBS POP3 connector

3. ADSI-->LDAP access to Global Address List question

4. Corrupt PST

5. How to access LDAP server via ADSI?

6. can't send/rec mail with attachments! HELP!

7. access exchange ldap using adsi

8. detach files

9. Modifying Mailbox Attribute usind ADSI LDAP in ASP

10. Help: ADSI/LDAP to create Exchange Mailbox

11. using LDAP/ADSI to get user's excange mailbox name

12. How do you access contacts with ADSI ?