Adding second exchange server

Post by Brijesh Choube » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 01:19:46

Hi All,
 I have a single Exchange 2000 server for complete
organization.The same server is also a domain controler.We
also have another domain controler and both are
synchronized. Now I want to add another Exchange server
and I want to synchronize new exchange server with the
older one.
Please provide me some help as I am new to the Exchange
Server. Thanks in advance.

Regards
Brijesh

Adding second exchange server

Post by MS » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 16:16:25

Quote:> Now I want to add another Exchange server
> and I want to synchronize new exchange server with the
> older one.

Could you tell us more about what you want to do? It's easy to install
another E2K server into your org. After you do so, you new E2K server
doesn't need to be synchronized.

But, there are many other things you can do with the extra server.. load
balance and put some mailboxes on it-- make another replica of you public
folders available-- route and load balance your network traffic. The list
goes on.

Harvey Rook

Quote:> Hi All,
>  I have a single Exchange 2000 server for complete
> organization.The same server is also a domain controler.We
> also have another domain controler and both are
> synchronized. Now I want to add another Exchange server
> and I want to synchronize new exchange server with the
> older one.
> Please provide me some help as I am new to the Exchange
> Server. Thanks in advance.

> Regards
> Brijesh

1. adding second Exchange server

I have one domain with 1 exchange server2000.  We are
adding a second domain in another network with a different
namespace ,ie. domain1.com and adding domain2.com in new
network.  Now can we use 1 exchange server in one network
and a different one in another while being in the same
forest and using the same GC.

My feelings are that AD will not work with 2 seperate
exchange servers with different namespaces.  Most of the
documentation is very general and i would appreciate some
suggestions.

2. eseutil

3. Adding second exchange server to domain...

4. Mailbox indicates mail - Can't retrieve all

5. Adding second Exchange Server to OWA config?

6. Can Exchange and Commerce Server and Biztalk all live on the same box??

7. Adding second exchange server to site

8. X.400 Connector only sends mail on startup...

9. ADDING SECOND EXCHANGE SERVER 5.5

10. Problems adding second exchange server

11. adding second exchange server

12. Adding Second Exchange server

13. Adding a exchange server in a second domain to act as a child server