Developing an Exchange Server plugin/addin... where to start?

Developing an Exchange Server plugin/addin... where to start?

Post by Luke » Thu, 17 Jul 2003 04:00:24

Hi,

I want to learn about plugin/addin development under Exchange Server.
I have a plugin that already works with Outlook that I'd like to adapt
to run with Exchange Server.

Anyone knows where I can find some information/documentation/samples
(can be online or a book, and C++ if possible)?

Thanks!

Developing an Exchange Server plugin/addin... where to start?

Post by Dave Mill » Thu, 17 Jul 2003 12:42:17

What does your plugin/addin do (in general)?  Take a look at the SDK, which
can be found off of http://msdn.microsoft.com/exchange/ for general
information on Exchange 2000 development.

- Dave

Quote:> Hi,

> I want to learn about plugin/addin development under Exchange Server.
> I have a plugin that already works with Outlook that I'd like to adapt
> to run with Exchange Server.

> Anyone knows where I can find some information/documentation/samples
> (can be online or a book, and C++ if possible)?

> Thanks!

Developing an Exchange Server plugin/addin... where to start?

Post by Luke » Thu, 17 Jul 2003 23:16:16

It's an anti-spam plugin. I want to create a server version of it,
where all the spam is sent into a quarantine folder, which the server
admin can access. The admin has the possibility to re-send quarantined
messages to their original receipients, add addresses to a white and
black list, etc..

I guess a book wouldn't hurt as well, since I've never worked with
Exchange...

Thanks!

> What does your plugin/addin do (in general)?  Take a look at the SDK, which
> can be found off of http://msdn.microsoft.com/exchange/ for general
> information on Exchange 2000 development.

> - Dave

> > Hi,

> > I want to learn about plugin/addin development under Exchange Server.
> > I have a plugin that already works with Outlook that I'd like to adapt
> > to run with Exchange Server.

> > Anyone knows where I can find some information/documentation/samples
> > (can be online or a book, and C++ if possible)?

> > Thanks!

Developing an Exchange Server plugin/addin... where to start?

Post by Dave Mill » Fri, 18 Jul 2003 00:58:29

It sounds like you probably want to use an SMTP event sink to redirect the
messages to an alternate mailbox or to store them in your seperate database.
You may also want to looking into the anti-spam APIs introduced in Exchange
2003 to see if that would be something worth integrating with.

- Dave

> It's an anti-spam plugin. I want to create a server version of it,
> where all the spam is sent into a quarantine folder, which the server
> admin can access. The admin has the possibility to re-send quarantined
> messages to their original receipients, add addresses to a white and
> black list, etc..

> I guess a book wouldn't hurt as well, since I've never worked with
> Exchange...

> Thanks!

> > What does your plugin/addin do (in general)?  Take a look at the SDK,
which
> > can be found off of http://msdn.microsoft.com/exchange/ for general
> > information on Exchange 2000 development.

> > - Dave

> > > Hi,

> > > I want to learn about plugin/addin development under Exchange Server.
> > > I have a plugin that already works with Outlook that I'd like to adapt
> > > to run with Exchange Server.

> > > Anyone knows where I can find some information/documentation/samples
> > > (can be online or a book, and C++ if possible)?

> > > Thanks!

1. Developing exchange plugin

Hi, I am currently developing a plugin for MS exchange using MSVC 4.0. But
I can't seem to get a pointer to the actual text contents of the message. I
have managed to get my extension to activate when a new message is delivered
to the inbox giving me a pointer to the IExchExtCallback interface but I
have no idea what to do from there!
I want this pluggin to process the contents of the message on delivery
before the user reads the message. I am sure that this can be done since
there are antivirus scanners which do the same thing.

Can anyone out there help me, or tell me of some one who can?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Mark Snelling

2. Using Exchange through a firewall - mail refresh problem

3. Help with writing Exchange Server Plugin/Add-on

4. VB.net Exchange mailing

5. Custom Plugin for Exchange Server?

6. Error starting page service

7. exchange server plugin

8. exchange 2000 optimizer

9. Developing MS Exchange server add-ins

10. developing Exchange server monitor

11. HELP! Wordpeferect plugin for Index server

12. Developing MS Exchange server add-ins

13. Starting/Stopping MS-Exchange Server with NET START, NET STOP