Sending mail from an exchange agent

Post by Mariela Alborno » Sat, 11 Nov 2000 04:00:00

I have public folder with an agent that send emails. As I created the
script, I am the sender of those emails. I'm using Exchange 5.5

The thing is that when people replay, I want the public folder get the
answer, not me, so the public folder should be the sender.

I tried to change the sender but the servers hungs when I run that line in
the script. I was doing this test first (I saw it in an example in MSDN
library):

...'Set objMyself
Set objMyBoss = objMyself.Manager
Set oEmail.sender= objMyBoss

So, it looks like I'm not going to be able to change the sender just like
that.

What can I do to get the folder being the sender as a default, not me? or to
change the sender in the script?

Thanks in advance.

Sending mail from an exchange agent

Post by Siegfried Weber [MVP-Exchange » Sun, 12 Nov 2000 09:31:33

Check my reply in microsoft.public.exchange2000.applications

Quote:> I have public folder with an agent that send emails. As I created the
> script, I am the sender of those emails. I'm using Exchange 5.5

> The thing is that when people replay, I want the public folder get the
> answer, not me, so the public folder should be the sender.

> I tried to change the sender but the servers hungs when I run that line in
> the script. I was doing this test first (I saw it in an example in MSDN
> library):

1. Send mail problem agent!!! help me

Hi My mail server can't send mail to Internet. We are use Windows 2000 and
Exchange 5.5 SP4, from client outlook send mail to Internet, can see message
is gone, from IMS can't see this message, Message not send to Internet. Even
use Forward All Message to Host(our ISP Sendmail), still doesn't work. Any
help will be great appreicated. Thnak you again.
Albert Wang

2. Access to...

3. Sending a custom form from Exchange server agent?

4. Funky Outlook behavior

5. I can't send message from scripting agent of Exchange Server 5.5

6. restrict deletion of sent items

7. Sending an email from an exchange agent

8. POP3 mail relay thru Exchange 2003 server possible ?

9. Exchange sends duplicate messages and problems with Admin Agent

10. Event Agent: sending the new message

11. Saving mails in sent items while sending the mails through code

12. agent for sending task reminders via email

13. send a customized message form from event script agent