Event Sinks that runs for all users in all folders?

Event Sinks that runs for all users in all folders?

Post by Jakob Eh » Wed, 29 Aug 2001 23:46:09

Hi, I have written a simple event sink that executes for a particular user
when he/she deletes
an item in the inbox.

Now, the problem is that I want to have the same functionality applied to
all all the folders for the user,
and also for all users.

Is there a way to register an event sink to be run for all users, even for
new users that are added subsequently?

I have tried to register the event sink on for example
file://./backofficestorage/MYDOMAIN/mbx/user    but then
nothing happens.  If I register it on
file://./backofficestorage/MYDOMAIN/mbx/user/inbox, then it works just fine.

Thanks for any help here!

/Jakob

Post by Siegfried Weber [MVP-Exchange » Thu, 30 Aug 2001 07:18:59

> Is there a way to register an event sink to be run for all users, even for
> new users that are added subsequently?

You can only register synchronous Store Event Sinks for a whole store in
Exchange 2000. Here is an excerpt from the Exchange 2000 SDK:

Global events can only be registered in the following folders:

For private mailbox stores:

File://./backofficestorage/ADMIN/%userdnsdomain%/MBX/SystemMailbox{GUID}/Sto
reevents/GlobalEvents

For public folders:

File://./backofficestorage/ADMIN/%userdnsdomain%/Public
Folders/Non_ipm_subtree/StoreEvents{GUID}/GlobalEvents

Check the Exchange 2000 SDK for more info how to register such an event
sink.

--
<Siegfried />

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) - Exchange Server
Co-author of "Professional CDO Programming", Wrox Press 1999

CDOLive - The Premier Resource for Microsoft Messaging and Collaboration
Application Development
http://www.cdolive.com

Please reply to the newsgroups so that others can benefit from the
discussion.
Questions by e-mail are discarded without further notice.

Event Sinks that runs for all users in all folders?

Post by Jakob Eh » Thu, 30 Aug 2001 15:50:59

I tried this yesterday, it seemed to register alright (using the tool from
Mindys book), and
I can see it if I search for the item in that folder. However, nothing is
happening.

You write that is should be a synchronous event, in the Exchange SDK (june)
it doesn't say
anything about that. I have an asynchronous event (OnDelete).

/Jakob

> > Is there a way to register an event sink to be run for all users, even
for
> > new users that are added subsequently?

> You can only register synchronous Store Event Sinks for a whole store in
> Exchange 2000. Here is an excerpt from the Exchange 2000 SDK:

> Global events can only be registered in the following folders:

> For private mailbox stores:

File://./backofficestorage/ADMIN/%userdnsdomain%/MBX/SystemMailbox{GUID}/Sto
Quote:> reevents/GlobalEvents

> For public folders:

> File://./backofficestorage/ADMIN/%userdnsdomain%/Public
> Folders/Non_ipm_subtree/StoreEvents{GUID}/GlobalEvents

> Check the Exchange 2000 SDK for more info how to register such an event
> sink.

> --
> <Siegfried />

> Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) - Exchange Server
> Co-author of "Professional CDO Programming", Wrox Press 1999

> CDOLive - The Premier Resource for Microsoft Messaging and Collaboration
> Application Development
> http://www.cdolive.com

> Please reply to the newsgroups so that others can benefit from the
> discussion.
> Questions by e-mail are discarded without further notice.

Event Sinks that runs for all users in all folders?

Post by Thomas Rizz » Fri, 31 Aug 2001 03:05:50

Synchronous events are the only type that are supported across an entire
database.  You can most likely register a non-sync event but nothing will
happen as you have seen.  Make sure your matchscope is ANY as well when
registering.

--
Looking for a good book on developing using ADSI, Outlook 2000 and Exchange
5.5/2000?  Check out:

> I tried this yesterday, it seemed to register alright (using the tool from
> Mindys book), and
> I can see it if I search for the item in that folder. However, nothing is
> happening.

> You write that is should be a synchronous event, in the Exchange SDK
(june)
> it doesn't say
> anything about that. I have an asynchronous event (OnDelete).

> /Jakob

> > > Is there a way to register an event sink to be run for all users, even
> for
> > > new users that are added subsequently?

> > You can only register synchronous Store Event Sinks for a whole store in
> > Exchange 2000. Here is an excerpt from the Exchange 2000 SDK:

> > Global events can only be registered in the following folders:

> > For private mailbox stores:

File://./backofficestorage/ADMIN/%userdnsdomain%/MBX/SystemMailbox{GUID}/Sto

Quote:> > reevents/GlobalEvents

> > For public folders:

> > File://./backofficestorage/ADMIN/%userdnsdomain%/Public
> > Folders/Non_ipm_subtree/StoreEvents{GUID}/GlobalEvents

> > Check the Exchange 2000 SDK for more info how to register such an event
> > sink.

> > --
> > <Siegfried />

> > Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) - Exchange Server
> > Co-author of "Professional CDO Programming", Wrox Press 1999

> > CDOLive - The Premier Resource for Microsoft Messaging and Collaboration
> > Application Development
> > http://www.cdolive.com

> > Please reply to the newsgroups so that others can benefit from the
> > discussion.
> > Questions by e-mail are discarded without further notice.

Event Sinks that runs for all users in all folders?

Post by Jakob Eh » Fri, 31 Aug 2001 19:05:49

Ok, I got it to work now, I registered an OnSyncDelete event, with the ANY
property set. And now the
event gets triggered for item deletion in all folder. BUT, only for one user
(my administrator user).
If I log in as another user, nothing happens when I delete a mail?  Isn't
store-wide event supposed to
trigger for all users of that store??

/Jakob

Post by Siegfried Weber [MVP-Exchange » Fri, 31 Aug 2001 19:38:24

> Ok, I got it to work now, I registered an OnSyncDelete event, with the ANY
> property set. And now the
> event gets triggered for item deletion in all folder. BUT, only for one
user
> (my administrator user).
> If I log in as another user, nothing happens when I delete a mail?  Isn't
> store-wide event supposed to
> trigger for all users of that store??

Yes it si. But you need to register it in COM+ with a Windows account that
has full access to all mailboxes in that particular store.

--
<Siegfried />

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) - Exchange Server
Co-author of "Professional CDO Programming", Wrox Press 1999

CDOLive - The Premier Resource for Microsoft Messaging and Collaboration
Application Development
http://www.cdolive.com

Please reply to the newsgroups so that others can benefit from the
discussion.
Questions by e-mail are discarded without further notice.

Event Sinks that runs for all users in all folders?

Post by Hibr » Tue, 04 Sep 2001 19:22:13

how do you create an account that has full access to all mailboxes?
administrator account dosent work

> > Ok, I got it to work now, I registered an OnSyncDelete event, with the
ANY
> > property set. And now the
> > event gets triggered for item deletion in all folder. BUT, only for one
> user
> > (my administrator user).
> > If I log in as another user, nothing happens when I delete a mail?
Isn't
> > store-wide event supposed to
> > trigger for all users of that store??

> Yes it si. But you need to register it in COM+ with a Windows account that
> has full access to all mailboxes in that particular store.

> --
> <Siegfried />

> Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) - Exchange Server
> Co-author of "Professional CDO Programming", Wrox Press 1999

> CDOLive - The Premier Resource for Microsoft Messaging and Collaboration
> Application Development
> http://www.cdolive.com

> Please reply to the newsgroups so that others can benefit from the
> discussion.
> Questions by e-mail are discarded without further notice.

Event Sinks that runs for all users in all folders?

Post by Siegfried Weber [MVP-Exchange » Thu, 06 Sep 2001 21:11:37

<

Quote:> how do you create an account that has full access to all mailboxes?

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q262/0/54.asp