OpenMsgStore problem on Exchange 2000

Post by Andrew Kalac » Fri, 15 Mar 2002 05:52:14

Hello, All!
    I`ve encoutered the following problem using Exchange2000 :
1. I`ve created disabled account in Active Directory and Exchange 2000
mailbox for this account.
2. I`ve granted mailbox access rights to my working Windows 2000 account.
3. I create mapi profile using this mailbox
4. when i try to use this profile i always become MAPI_E_FAILONEPROVIDER
error on OpenMsgStore call.

    Any ideas?

Andrew Kalach

1. OpenMsgStore fails in Exchange 2000

Hello all,

I am trying to access messages on Exchange 2000 Information Store. I
logged on to server as Administrator but OpenMsgStore () fails saying
Information Store".

What may be the problem ?

Please help.

WinMain ( ....)
{
    ULONG cbDefStoreEid = 0;
    LPENTRYID pDefStoreEid = NULL;
    HRESULT hRes;
    LPMAPISESSION pSession = NULL;
    LPMDB pDefMsgStore = NULL;
    LPMAPIERROR a;

    hRes = MAPIInitialize(NULL);

    hRes = MAPILogonEx(0,    // Handle to parent window
          "MS Exchange Settings", // Profile name
          NULL,   // Password
          MAPI_NEW_SESSION |
          MAPI_EXTENDED |
          MAPI_LOGON_UI, // Logon flags
          &pSession);  // Resulting MAPI session

    // Find default message store
    hRes = HrMAPIFindDefaultMsgStore(pSession, &cbDefStoreEid,
&pDefStoreEid);

    hRes = pSession->OpenMsgStore(0, cbDefStoreEid, pDefStoreEid,
NULL, MDB_NO_DIALOG | MAPI_BEST_ACCESS, &pDefMsgStore);

    pSession->GetLastError ( hRes, 0, &a ) ;
    // returns error code as " You do not have permission to log on
    // Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store

2. A Fix to USER32.DLL Problems with IMC

3. MAPI call OPENMSGSTORE failed

4. Urgent response needed pls

5. Error 9175 and OpenMsgStore

6. HELP!! Exchange SP3

7. OpenMsgStore Failed...

8. Calendar maintained by others

9. MAPI_E_FAILONEPROVIDER returned from OpenMsgStore()

10. Trouble with IMAPISession::OpenMsgStore()

11. Exchange 2000 and Windows 2000 server problems (Maybe DNS problems)

12. Exchange 2000 server move problems: suspect active directory as root problem

13. Exchange 2000 POP3 problem using TOP command and one other problem