MSExchange.ACLObject and MSExchange.ACE Wrong ProgID

MSExchange.ACLObject and MSExchange.ACE Wrong ProgID

Post by news.microsoft.co » Mon, 09 Jul 2001 10:40:31

Using Exchange 2000 and VBScript in an ASP page, I am trying to modify ACE's
and ACL on Exchange folders under the public folder.  Everything is fine up
until I try to create the ACL object using
Server.CreateObject("MSExchange.ACLObject").   The code stops with the
following error:
Server object error 'ASP 0177 : 800401f3'
Server.CreateObject Failed
Invalid ProgID. For additional information specific to this message please
visit the Microsoft Online Support site located at:

The same thing happens with Server.CreateObject("MSExchange.ACE"). I have
checked all over the MS knowledge base with nothing substantial turning up.
I have tried running this code signed on as different users but still no
luck.  Any suggestions would be helpful.

David

MSExchange.ACLObject and MSExchange.ACE Wrong ProgID

Post by Thomas Rizz » Thu, 12 Jul 2001 03:44:51

Did you install the ACL object on the server where you're trying to create
it?  It's a helper object and not installed with Exchange or the Exchange
SDK (It should be, but that's another story :).  If you need the compiled
version of the object to install and register, just email me directly and
I'll send it over to you.

--
Looking for a good book on developing using ADSI, Outlook 2000 and Exchange
2000?  Check out:

Quote:> Using Exchange 2000 and VBScript in an ASP page, I am trying to modify